AOS changed their itinerary HELP!

I'm confused, I'm already booked in 3/05 for the AOS which does aruba, st. martin etc.

On the cruisequick site ( where I originally booked)there are all differant ports?

Has anyone else heard of ports being changed?

Glen

CCL Fantasty - 85

CCL Destiny - 99

NCL Sky - 00

CCL Destiny - 01

NCL Star - 02

CCL Inspiration - 03

vegas trip- can I do this on a cruise board?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;3;10;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The big 50 years old cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCI Adventure - 05 'BIG 50'

This happened to me as well for 04/25/04 cruise and trust me you will get no sympathy from anyone on this board. I did not think it was right either and I wrote everyone including the CEO of RCCL and all I got were excuses and not even a free drink coupon.

glentally,

It's been my experience that Cruisequick's website is not a very good place to look for accurate, up to date, itineraries. The most accurate online information will be at rccl.com, I would go there and see how it compares with what you thought you booked.

Having said that, itineraries can and do change, and no cruiseline guarantees that the ports the ship was planning to visit when you booked are the ones the ship will actually go to. Pretty much your options are to accept the changes, or cancel the cruise if you really don't like them and it's not too late.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

I'm just curious....how did the itinerary change from what you thought the original was?

I believe The Adventure of the Seas changes itinerary each week in the summer and fall months, and then usually sticks to the Aruba, Curacao route for the winter months. The two routes AOS usually sticks with, (to my knowledge), are Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Marten, OROR Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Marten, St. Thomas.

Is the site that you are looking at listing different ports from these?

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04, planning 10/04

Adventure Girl,

I think starting sometime this fall the Adventure is going to be doing the deep southern route (Aruba/Curacao) every week and the Serenade's going to be doing the other route every week.

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Mark....That is usually true in the winter but goes back to AOS alternating for the summer months. Usually changes mid-April. I think it usually alternates from mid-April through mid-November. At least that is what has happend over recent years. I haven't checked the website to see what it is doing this coming winter season.

skiiergirl,

The OP was asking about March.

this is on cruisequick as the itinerary

3/13/2005 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Starting in San Juan with stops in Charlotte Amalie, Philipsburg, St. Johns, Castries, Bridgetown

Icruise and RCL continue to show the original itinerary

time will tell

Glen

CCL Fantasty - 85

CCL Destiny - 99

NCL Sky - 00

CCL Destiny - 01

NCL Star - 02

CCL Inspiration - 03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;3;10;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

glentally,

Believe the Royal Caribbean website.

Also, my guess is that what Royal Caribbean is showing has always been the itinerary, and cruisequick simply extended the alternating itinerary without checking if it had changed.

Hello Yvonne

RCL says it is still the same itinerary.

Their website might be all goofed up because I tried to book another cabin on the AOS and their web site was down.

Thanks for all the help.

Glen

CCL Fantasty - 85

CCL Destiny - 99

NCL Sky - 00

CCL Destiny - 01

NCL Star - 02

CCL Inspiration - 03

Hi,

I tried to find our cruise for Feb 06/05 out of San Juan -- AOS, can't find anything...can anyone help with a link? Please and thanks...taking my daughters and would like to know if the itinerary is the still the same as this is a grad gift for my 17 year old and would hate to give her the wrong info about ports.

Thank you.

Glentally- Check RCCL website. They'll be the most up-to-date resource available to you. Be prepared that your itinerary may change. If it does you usually are not notified of the change (thats what makes CC such a great site!) Our itinerary for the 4/25 cruise was changed in June or July, I think. Just remember if any changes are made- take it in stride. You will still get to see gorgeous caribbean islands with white sand beaches and azure blue water.

icon_smile.gifDebbie icon_smile.gif

mwsrccl- Our cruise is just 6 days away! Have you been busy getting ready? Come visit us at our roll call thread- here is the link:AOS 4/25 roll call

<MARQUEE direction=left width=60%>ADVENTURE ON THE AOS 4/25/04 </MARQUEE>

Hello,

Yes, I know it can change. I just wanted to know if it did and then make my decision.

What changed on yours Mombandy4?

Glen

CCL Fantasty - 85

CCL Destiny - 99

NCL Sky - 00

CCL Destiny - 01

NCL Star - 02

CCL Inspiration - 03

Glentally- We originally started with the Aruba itinerary when we booked last March. RCCL changed it to the St Lucia/Barbados itinerary. I was a little disappointed in the change at first, but we were given such an advance notice that it really didn't make a whole lot of difference in the long run.

icon_smile.gifDebbie icon_smile.gif

<MARQUEE direction=left width=60%>ADVENTURE ON THE AOS 4/25/04 </MARQUEE>

Luckydog69-- We are also sailing on AOS June 6th. My husband and I will be taking our 17 y/o daughter and 18 y/o son with us. Please join us in our roll call --June 6th AOS WITNESS PROTECTION CRUISE- a little joke because we couldn't find anyone else sailing with us. Hope to see you there. Karen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  to get me on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA

<MARQUEEdirection=leftwidth=33%>___/7___/7____

\:::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~</MARQUEE>

Hi Glentally - we are also on the March 13, 2005 AOS and are planning on going to Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin & St. Thomas...I just hope the ship goes with us! icon_biggrin.gif

One of these days, we'll get a roll call going...my guess is that there is more than two people going...

We've got DH, myself, two children (13 and 11 and its their 3rd cruise) - they know the drill and that basically there are over 1,000 parents on the ship watching them - they behave accordingly!!

DH is a big scuba diver and is looking forward to diving Aruba and Curacao (part of the ABC Islands, less Bonaire) - considered the best diving in the Caribbean...so I truly hope the itinerary doesn't change for his sake!

Look forward to seeing you on the Roll Call when it's up and running.

Canucks 4

Archived