Any Runners Around?

notree

I am one of the old "Nuts" who gets up early nearly every morning and runs laps on the track. I try and do 3 miles at least every day. I have enjoyed running the sea wall in Galveston. The run from the dock to down town Cauzamel is a favorite. The park In Vancouver was another good memory. Will be doing the White Rock Half in a few days. Anyone else lace em up while on a cruise? Any favorite runs?

I am one of the old "Nuts" who gets up early nearly every morning and runs laps on the track. I try and do 3 miles at least every day. I have enjoyed running the sea wall in Galveston. The run from the dock to down town Cauzamel is a favorite. The park In Vancouver was another good memory. Will be doing the White Rock Half in a few days. Anyone else lace em up while on a cruise? Any favorite runs?

Yah - from my cabin to the Windjammer ;)

I had to stop running after my back surgery, but I hear ya! I just do the elliptical now, to cut down on the jarring. I'll be in there every morning, then hit the weights.:)

QUOTE=dirtgirl;16751805]I had to stop running after my back surgery, but I hear ya! I just do the elliptical now, to cut down on the jarring. I'll be in there every morning, then hit the weights.:)

I had lower back also in 1990. Was able to start back running with the new equipment especially the improvement of shoes.

QUOTE=dirtgirl;16751805]I had to stop running after my back surgery, but I hear ya! I just do the elliptical now, to cut down on the jarring. I'll be in there every morning, then hit the weights.:)

I had lower back also in 1990. Was able to start back running with the new equipment especially the improvement of shoes.

My neurosurgeon (who honestly looked like he had never exercised a day in his life:rolleyes: ) ordered me to stop running and lifting weights. Well, no way was I about to become a sloth and a couch potato, so I still do lift weights (not huge amounts - no body building or anything - just sculpting), and try for non-jarring aerobic activities.

I had a discectomy - what did you have?:)

Sorry, OP, this is a boring run, but right now i miss it so much!

Almost every morning I rose with the sun and ran on the track. To me there was nothing better than having the track to myself that early, feeling the wind push against me, and seeing our next beautiful port of call in the distance. Brings back memories...

I go to the gym most mornings then do a couple of miles up on the deck, its so peacefull early in the morning as sun rises. I also like to run when in port its a great way to see an area, you go to places you would never normally

I also enjoy excersizing during a cruise..but I have a running etiquette question: I am unable to run...but I walk at a good clip. Do the walkers/runners share the track on the Freedom class...I always mind where I am on a track, keeping to the right hand side. Any Comments (Please do not sent me to the treadmill...I enjoy the outdoors) :cool: Of course, no elevators for me as well...

I lace em up and run every morning of every cruise, usually 5 or 6 miles. I get up at 5 a.m. every morning to get my runs in before all the walkers are out. I love running early because its not too hot or too crowded and I love being on deck when the suns comes up, it completely energizes me for the day to come. After my runs I sit beside the pool for my morning moment of meditation, then into the usually empty hot tub with my first cup of coffee, then some fresh fruit, then back to the cabin by 7:30 to wake my wife for the days activities which usually include running to the windjammer and the ice cream machine multiple times. Keep on running. Don't stop running. You're going to be a star some day.:)

I also enjoy excersizing during a cruise..but I have a running etiquette question: I am unable to run...but I walk at a good clip. Do the walkers/runners share the track on the Freedom class...I always mind where I am on a track, keeping to the right hand side. Any Comments (Please do not sent me to the treadmill...I enjoy the outdoors) :cool: Of course, no elevators for me as well...

I'm not sure what the "rules" are but as for me, I try to run before the walkers get out but there are some early morning walkers. As long as walkers aren't walking side by side, I can get around them with very little problem and have no problem sharing the track with them. In fact, I love to see as many active people as possible out and about. Keep on walking.

I've been hanging out on these boards for too long... when I read the word runners in the thread title I assumed the the ones containing rum.....

Since I had the hip replaced I walk or swim. I'm not disciplined enough to do this regularly though of course the dogs get the benefit of their walks, but that's not often at aerobic level which I know is what I *should* be doing.

I always do the stairs as opposed to elevators though these days down is easier than up.

I try to run at least every other day 3-4 miles to cut back on the cruise weight gain. I love running on an open deck as the ship is sailing; great scenary and very refreshing. I am not a morning person so tend to do it during main dinner seating (I have late) as it is often not too crowded then and afterwards shower and get ready for dinner.

I am right there with you. One of my favorite things to do is get up very early and head to the track. I usually only see a few of the crew vacuuming the carpets or washing the pool deck. It is fun to see the ship "come alive" as I run my laps. I love looking out into the darkness and not being able to see the line between black sky and sea and watch the progression of light come. Ahhhh just 2 more months for me until I'll be on the MOS.

I am right there with you. One of my favorite things to do is get up very early and head to the track. I usually only see a few of the crew vacuuming the carpets or washing the pool deck. It is fun to see the ship "come alive" as I run my laps. I love looking out into the darkness and not being able to see the line between black sky and sea and watch the progression of light come. Ahhhh just 2 more months for me until I'll be on the MOS.

Great post. That is exactly what it is like for me. I had to look at the screen name because I easily could have written those words, except I wrote some others not as good. Except my cruise is still 121 days away.

Yes, they share a track, but it's not a problem...unless you get stuck behind a "stroller" (not the baby kind).

The path has two lanes, one marked with a walker icon, one with a runner icon, which is on the left:)

Archived