Disney Gift Cards

rickyshell

Does anyone know, can I call the reservation number and give the serial numbers of my gift cards so they are already on my account when we get on the ship? Before I did it at the port but I would like to save time if I can and do it ahead of time.

Thanks for all of your help.

• 2 weeks later...
My kids will be getting disney gift cards for Christmas. Can they use the cards in the gift shops?

No, all purchases go on your Key to the World card. You can apply the gift card to your shipboard account at guest services.

Last night I cruised I could do this in the terminal, this time I had to wait to be on board to do it. Luckily I am an early riser and went to Guest Services at 7 a.m. and they applied and the gift cards. No problems.

I just love offsetting the cost before hand with gift cards.

My mom was very frustrated with how the gift card application worked during our 7 day magic cruise in Sept. She went down on Thursday night (trying to beat the crowds) to have her gift card applied to the account and was told they could not do it until Friday and she had to come back. When she went down Friday morning to do it, they had already charged her portion to her credit card. So then they had to do a credit to her credit card so they could apply her gift card. And didn't seem to get why she was frustrated with them.

Archived