Belize Wildlife River Rafting

ks

We have signed up for the Wildlife River Rafting Excursion offered through NCL Spirit for this December. Can anyone that is familiar with this tour tell us about it? It reads that the tour is on a motorized inflatable river raft. Are their seats on the raft? How many people per raft? Do you see a lot of wildlife? Thanks in advance.

I can't tell you anything about the boats you will be on but I have been on a similar river cruise in Belize and we saw quite a but of wildlife. On our way from the port to the river we saw manatees [or at least their snouts] and then as we were entering the river we had 2 dolphins swimming alongside us for awhile. Iguanas of all sizes were plentiful along the way. We spotted one crocodile and numerous native species of birds. My favorite find was the howler monkees in the trees. Our guide was very good at spotting and identifying all the native flora and fauna. If you have binoculars, bring them along for a better view. Our trip was on a covered boat, not a raft. We were there in the spring and I think I'd have been hot without the shade. This was one of my favorite excursions

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived