First Royal Caribbean cruise in two weeks!!!

mad4rda

I have just two weeks to go before I embark on my first Royal Caribbean cruise :D

It was booked on impulse. I walked into a Travel Agency, said I needed a holiday which departed on a specific date and for a specific length of time... and hey presto.... found myself a passenger on the Voyager of the Seas Med cruise on 8th Nov.

Now... am I crazy? I just want to relax and this is a very port intensive intinerary. I've planned a couple of onshore trips (Pisa and Naples) but other than that, I'm going to stay on ship. I have a very hectic job and just want to chill, read books, drink good wine, and catch up with my sleep... Does anyone else do this?

If other folk don't do it, they should!!!

We were on a port intensive Med cruise on RCI last Fall. The cool thing is doing what you are doing ... getting off the ship if there is something you really want to see, if not, stay onboard and enjoy the surroundings. Enjoy the wine and the book!

You should have a wonderful time. The beauty of cruising is that you can do as little or as much as you want to make it the experience you are looking for. If relaxing is what you need perhaps taking advantage of the spa while other passengers are out sight seeing might be an option. Regardless...ENJOY!

Just because the schedule is port intensive doesn't' mean you HAVE to get off the ship. IF you are looking to relax, the ship is fairly quiet on port days. And you can usually get discounts on spa treatments on these days. Schedule a massage.

Enjoy!

Erika

I have just two weeks to go before I embark on my first Royal Caribbean cruise :D

It was booked on impulse. I walked into a Travel Agency, said I needed a holiday which departed on a specific date and for a specific length of time... and hey presto.... found myself a passenger on the Voyager of the Seas Med cruise on 8th Nov.

Now... am I crazy? I just want to relax and this is a very port intensive intinerary. I've planned a couple of onshore trips (Pisa and Naples) but other than that, I'm going to stay on ship. I have a very hectic job and just want to chill, read books, drink good wine, and catch up with my sleep... Does anyone else do this?

I guess I'm odd man out on this one. If I am correct in ASSUMING that you live in the US, WHY are you spending the TIME and the MONEY to fly to Europe when you could get cruises in the Caribbean or Mexico for MUCH less money and hassle. Sorry, but it looks to me like the Travel Agent saw a big fat commission walking in the door, and put you on a cruise that fit the TA's needs much more than your needs. However, a poor day on any cruise is better than a good day at work. Like everyone else I wish you a great cruise!

Let's see. You spent a lot of money that didn't have to be spent for tickets to fly to Europe and a European cruise, then you plan to stay on board for Barcelona, Villefranche and Nice, Florence, Rome, and Palermo. Since you asked the question, yes, you're crazy.

The best place to be, in my opinion, is on a cruise ship during a port day. Silence really is golden! So is not having to fight for a chair in the solarium or at pool side if you choose. Nothing beats reading a book without a lot of noise. So my response is: It's your vacation -- do what you want!

Archived