IC Papeete to ship

ging466

Hi

Could someone pls advise how far it is from the IC to the port?

I've read that the IC is only 5 mins drive from the airport but can't find it's proximity to the port?

Thankx for any help.

Cheers

Ging466

Wendy - you are right about the Sheraton and I would hate to schlep suitcases from there to the dock - that would be a major haul. We've walked it before and it always surprises me how far it is.

Katie - sorry, I can't help with the shuttle question, but you can always call the hotel and ask. Some do provide shuttles, but others don't. Sheraton had Le Truck stop out front, so that was an alternative for us, but we went with the ship's transport because we didn't want to mess with stuff. If you do go with the taxi, remember to get a price before the trip or you might get quite the shock when you arrive at the dock.

We are set up with transfers so we will probably go that route. I was wondering how Princess transported you from the hotel, and if there are tons of people staying at the hotels. We had an experience in LA staying at a hotel on our way to Hawaii, and had 5 buses of people staying there! It was a mess! We wished that we would have taken a cab that day! I am thinking that a lot of people won't be staying at hotels - just going directly to ship.

Thanks for all of your wonderful, informative posts.

Katie - as a rule there aren't that many folks who transfer with you from the hotels. We had a grand total of five couples the last time we transferred and we were by ourselves when we transfered from the airport to the ship. When we originally fly in (a week earlier), there was a grand total of four couples in the van and we each stayed at a different hotel. It shouldn't be as bad as Hawai'i was - man, that sounds like our Australia/New Zealand cruise! some folks go over to Moorea, some stay at the ICC, Shertaon, in various pensions, and then a large portion just fly in that night and head right to the ship.

Every question that I can answer is a little trip back to the islands, so ask away!

Does the IC offer transportation to the ship or do you have to get a cab?

We stayed at the IC post cruise last week and no, they don't offer transportation. Apparently this is something to do with island regulations which prevent them from competing with local transport. We shared a taxi with another couple from the ship to IC and after some negotiation secured a price of 2000 Pacific Francs. The taxi fare from the IC to the airport for 2 people and 3 cases was 1300 Pacific Francs (they charge 100 for each case).

Archived