Can You "Gift" Sanctuary?

Seapixie

I was under the impression that you couldn't book Sanctuary until you were on board the ship but I have read on a couple of different threads recently that they received or gave a gift of Sanctuary service. I believe one person said they received a $100 Sanctuary Gift Certificate from their parents as a wedding gift.

Does anyone know if you can now "gift" it to yourself (or someone travelling with you) or pre-reserve space? We'd like to take care of this ahead of time if possible as I know it frequently gets sold out. If you can "gift" it, does having a gift certificate automatically reserve you a space? What if you have a gift certificate and there isn't any room left when you show up at the desk?

Thanks,

Mj ~

I suspect that the gift was merely an on board credit with a card in the Cabin that said something like "$100 on board credit for you to enjoy the Sanctuary" or something to that effect.

Last March, on the Emerald, people were buying a cruise-long pass to the Sanctuary....you could do that on your first day with the "gift" OBC....such a pass would assure you a spot.

I suspect that the gift was merely an on board credit with a card in the Cabin that said something like "$100 on board credit for you to enjoy the Sanctuary" or something to that effect.

Last March, on the Emerald, people were buying a cruise-long pass to the Sanctuary....you could do that on your first day with the "gift" OBC....such a pass would assure you a spot.

Thanks. One more question ... you don't have to have an OBC or "gift", correct? Once you board, can you just go to the Sanctuary check-in and buy a cruise-long pass and put it on your S&S card? :confused:

Thanks once again.

Mj ~

Thanks. One more question ... you don't have to have an OBC or "gift", correct? Once you board, can you just go to the Sanctuary check-in and buy a cruise-long pass and put it on your S&S card? :confused:

Thanks once again.

Mj ~

no need for an OBC or gift...just your card

no need for an OBC or gift...just your card

Thanks a million. We're finalizing our plans and we just wanted to make sure we have someone covering each area we need to reserve in as soon as we get on board (like Sabatini's which we've missed out on at least 4X, UBD, Crown Grille, Sanctuary, etc.). I want to buy Sanctuary for my DH as a Christmas present. We have such hectic schedules during the year I thought it would be really relaxing for him. :)

Mj ~

Archived