advise on changes inside 75 days

chascougs

Long story short, booked for Dec 6, 2008, paid in full. Now find out travel companion can't go. What can do. I have someone else who might be able to go and pay the other person their half of the fare back. I booked thru and online agency, can I call Carnival direct or do I need to go thru the agency I booked with. If I can't find anyone else, since the reservation is in my name, can I board without the other half of my party? Thanks, I'm starting to get a little worked up out here.....

You need to call the agency you booked with. Carnival can't help you with your reservation if you booked through a TA.

You should be able to do a name change for a fee. Contact your TA and tell them you want to do that.

If you can't find someone else to go, yes, you can board without the other half of your party. You'd just have the cabin to yourself. Just be aware that if you cancel the other person's portion, you would have to pay a single's supplement fee (150% to 200%).

You need to call the agency you booked with. Carnival can't help you with your reservation if you booked through a TA.

You should be able to do a name change for a fee. Contact your TA and tell them you want to do that.

If you can't find someone else to go, yes, you can board without the other half of your party. You'd just have the cabin to yourself. Just be aware that if you cancel the other person's portion, you would have to pay a single's supplement fee (150% to 200%).

Thanks, I paid for the trip and was supposed to be reimbursed....I'm really too old to make that mistake don't you think...so no need to cancel the second name for a 50% refund and then turn around and pay a 50% single supplement. How close to sail date can the docs be changed? BTW I looked at the cruise contract and couldn't find this info anywhere.

Thanks, I paid for the trip and was supposed to be reimbursed....I'm really too old to make that mistake don't you think...so no need to cancel the second name for a 50% refund and then turn around and pay a 50% single supplement. How close to sail date can the docs be changed? BTW I looked at the cruise contract and couldn't find this info anywhere.

In that case, definitely try to find someone to go with you!

The single supplement can be 50% to 100% depending on what category you've booked.

Actually, since you paid in advance and were expecting reimbursement, your TA can credit you the taxes for the other person. There shouldn't be any additional charge for this change. I have sailed this way twice (had folks cancel at the last minute). It's relatively painless when you've already paid for double-occupancy.

Archived