Help! Jewel embarcation day/restaurants?

tokidoki

HI, just got off the phone with NCL, and I always go to the main restaurant that is open on embarcation day, and she said the are no longer open til dinner! Anyone recently got off and what was open on emb. day? thanks:confused: :confused: :confused:

HI, just got off the phone with NCL, and I always go to the main restaurant that is open on embarcation day, and she said the are no longer open til dinner! Anyone recently got off and what was open on emb. day? thanks:confused: :confused: :confused:

On my cruise on the Jewel -- ended 10/18 -- the Tsar, one of the main restaurants, was open at 12:30 for lunch. As was the buffet. But we went to the main dining room and it was not crowded, and had a pleasant lunch.

There was a recent thread about how, on embarkation day, many of the staff would often direct boarding passengers to the buffet for lunch and not mention that one of the main dining rooms was also open for sit-down lunch. I don't think anyone ever really figured out the definitive reason for this.

Based on the OP's post, it seems that the phone reps are doing the same, although in their case it might just be that they're misinformed (wouldn't be a first).

On my cruise on the Jewel -- ended 10/18 -- the Tsar, one of the main restaurants, was open at 12:30 for lunch. As was the buffet. But we went to the main dining room and it was not crowded, and had a pleasant lunch.

Also opened for lunch was Cagney's for those people in a Penthouse(AE) and above.

Ditto for the cruise that ended on 10/8.

They were also very up front with telling you pre-boarding about the mian dining room option and also immediately upon entering the ship. No 2.0 bubbly though.

Just got back from the Jewel and due to the USPHS on board and the extra sanitizing, we didn't board until about 1:15 PM. I didn't know whether or not Tsar's was open and went to the buffet.

The chocolate buffet was from 10:30-11:15 PM in the Garden buffet on day 7 (of 10).

While IMHO food is the weakest part of the NCL experience, the entertainment, particularly the production shows, are clearly the best part. I went to all of the shows..."Band on the Run", the country show, and especially "Le Cirque Bijou", with its high flying acrobatics out over the audience, were terrific! The single artist performances were also superior. Loved Jeri (with a J) Sanger.:)

Archived