Santa Marta Colombia in December

melissa220

Hello, my boyfriend and I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas repositioning cruise this December and we make a stop in Santa Marta Colombia. I havent really seen much on these boards about tours and or excursions in Santa Marta.. Anyone know of any good tours or must sees?? Please help!

Also what is the weather like in Colombia in December?:o

• 2 weeks later...

they say that tayrona beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...also probably area not seen my most americans yet anyway..given the history of dangerous activity in that area even as early as 10 or so years ago.

the cruise industry i think is pretty new to this port.

My husband & I are also on the 11/29 Enchantment. There is a long "roll call" going for this cruise. We had been planning on diving near Santa Marta but may not be able to due to ear infection. We would be interested in going into the nat'l park (Tayrona).

We have signed up for an all day tour with "My Friend Mario" in Colon; he will drop us off at our hotel in Panama City as we're staying on for a few days. Others on the ship are using him for transfers to the airport, or you could join us on the tour and be taken to the airport afterwards.

Hi Diver DEb..Thanks for your reply.. how much does "your friend Mario" charge to take you to panama city? thanks.. also I have a friend that just got back from Santa Marta and he said the beach there is fantastic.. He was in a group of 4 that hired a taxi to go there and wait several hours and return for $100 total..there are restaurants and horseback riding avail at the beach

Also on the 11/29 Enchantment cruise and would be interested in a day at the beach for 2.

Although the beaches at Tayrona are supposed to be beautiful it seems that it takes an effort to get there. Is there something in Santa Marta?

LG

Everyone on Enchantment on Nov 29-Dec7 FLL to Colon; please sign up for a meet and greet event on day one. RCCL will provide a meeting place and some snacks and give you a chance to meet some fellow cruisers. Go to the Roll Call area under the message board, find enchantment nov 29, and sign up for the meet and greet. We need 25 people for them to do it.. Thanks and have a great time. The Santa Marta stop is being tendered, which means it will take forever to get off in the life boats. They let those who booked a shore excursion with the ship to get off first, so it will be a long wait unless you book with them. I dont think there's that much to do there so we will wait and find a driver to the beach.

Hello Fl,

We are also on the roll call, and look forward to meeting you at the M & M. Hiring a taxi for the day sounds like a plan. I can generally get by in Spanish. The all day tour with "Mario" will be $80 - 85 pp including drop off in PC. We loved Panama when we visited on a land trip a few years back. Fantastic wildlife!

I have emailed one of the zip line companies in Costa Rica for an independent visit in case you are interested in that as well.

I'm really interested in both of our ports in Colombia and can't wait to go but since it is such an dangerous country I think we plan on just doing an excursion with the ship. The only problem with that is both of our stops in Colombia are for like 12-14 hours and the excursions are for only like 3-4 hours. I don't want those days to end up like two more days at sea but I'm not too sure about how safe it will be there to walk around on our own. After our excursions we will probably be back on the ship.:mad: I just saw on tv the other night that Colombia has just over 800 people held hostage as of today. I'm sure everyone will be fine and we will all have a great time but I just don't want that number climbing to 802 when I visit. lol... I just think of me getting a cab and instead of him taking me to the beautiful beach he takes me somewhere I don't want to go. What do yo all know or think?

Hello, my boyfriend and I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas repositioning cruise this December and we make a stop in Santa Marta Colombia. I havent really seen much on these boards about tours and or excursions in Santa Marta.. Anyone know of any good tours or must sees?? Please help!

Also what is the weather like in Colombia in December?:o

Hi Melissa, My buddy and I have been reading online all about the ports and it looks like it will be really hot in Colombia. In the 90's with high humidity. See you guys onboard! :D

Archived