Rocking on the Legend

Gingee

Someone (posted below) mentioned a lot of rocking in their beds on the Legend. We are booked the end of May on the Legend. Now it has me concerned. Any feedback from anyone else who has been on this ship and where their room was located would be appreciated.

Thanks

The motion has very little to do with the ship - virtually all modern ships are fully stabilized, though higher decks and cabins at the front and back tend to move more. About the only difference is that smaller ships often have lower metacentric heights and so are a little more seaworth.

The real variable is the condition of the sea - rough seas mean you'll have a rougher ride, regardless of what ship you're on - and that's mostly a luck-of-the-draw thing.

Gingee, It hardly matters what ship you are on, it only matters what the seas are like when you are sailing. The rocking at night is actually very soothing, you will probably like it, it's not like the rocking of a small boat. If you are concerned about sea sickness, you should investigate methods of control for that. No one wants to scare you off, modern cruise ships are stabilized so you don't feel a lot of motion, but there is usually some motion. The only time you won't feel some movement is when the ship is at dock.

This will be my third cruise. I felt little movement on the Sovereign and more on the Conquest. Doesn't make sense since the Sovereign was smaller. I don't get sick (so far anyhow) but it gets me concerned that everything is okay.

Yes it was the Carnival Legend. We are close to back on the upper level.

That helps a lot. :) We were on Deck 8, second cabin from the aft. No movement back there and we were on a route that took us out into the Atlantic. Relax and enjoy! :D

Beth

Was wondering if you meant my post about the Legend Rocking and rolling for our cruise to Nowhere. THis cruise on the Legend was the last cruise out of New York for the season. The ship left the same day about 11am to go back to florida. The ship rocked because of the waters. The weather is colder then what we are used to. This was my 5th cruise and never have I experinced rought waters before. (the rocking had EVERYthing to do with the kind of waters we sailed in

Sailed the Carnival Legend last November and had wind and waves a few days. We were in an interion cabin on the Verandah Deck towards the back (7270) and got used to the very gentle rocking and found it quite soothing. We were more concerned with the Noro-virus scare from the previous cruise. Daan

Legend 11/29/03

Glory 3/5/05

• 3 weeks later...

Gingee--the Conquest is taller than Sovereign, therefore topheavy...more prone to "rock and roll"

As for the rolling of the Carnival Legend....I was on the Pride, which hullwise is the exact same...the Captain told us at the end of the cruise that we had sailed through almost a hurricane, very strong tropical storm and we never knew it.

Archived