Carnival Past guest after Princess cruise?

Freckles_51

My TA said that one of my cruising friends is considered a past guest on Carnival because she previousy sailed with Princess (in 2005). My friend does not have her Princess guest number. Does anyone know how to get that number, and is she indeed recognized by Carnival as a past guest?

Can't she obtain her past guest number from Princess?

Yes, she will be eligible for the past guest rate IF one is offered for the cruise she selects. Nothing else, like invitation to past guest party though.

Your friend will have to recover her Princess Past Guest # from Princess, probably by calling the Princess 800 number, altho I'm thinking if the cruise was completed more than a month or so ago it should appear somewhere on the MY Princess pages?

Your friend will be able to get Past Guest rates (only - no other perks), remembering that Past Guest rates are offered only on selected cruises and may come and go on a given cruise, based on how the cruise is selling.

ken

Thanks for your replies.

I wasn't asking for the past guest rate, I have already booked the cruise as I am a past guest of Carnival. I was thinking she could come to the past guest party but I guess not?

I will be sailing with 2 others, the Princess cruiser and a first timer. Does this mean I go to the past guest party alone, or can I bring others that are sharing my stateroom?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your replies.

I wasn't asking for the past guest rate, I have already booked the cruise as I am a past guest of Carnival. I was thinking she could come to the past guest party but I guess not?

I will be sailing with 2 others, the Princess cruiser and a first timer. Does this mean I go to the past guest party alone, or can I bring others that are sharing my stateroom?

Thanks again.

Is the past guest party for past guests? YES!

Are your roomies past guests? NO!

Dan

Freckles - Sorry, but Ken, Dan, and I are correct. They will not be invited to the PG party. When they have earned the status of past guests, they can attend....on their next Carnival cruise; something for them to look forward to.

I'm sure if you decide to go to the party, the two of them can find something fun to do for that short 45 min.:)

My next cruise is only my second, and therefore my first as a past cruiser. I do appreciate replies, but Dan, I am not deaf, just asking for clarification, so please do not shout :).

Thanks.

When one asks to clarify the obvious.....................

Good for you Freckles!

by the way, your friend doesn't really need her Princess past cruiser number. Just tell Carnival that she's cruised with them and they can look it up. Carnival does own Princess. When I made my first reservation on Carnival last Nov. they told me I was a past guest. I didn't realize at the time that Carnival would honor a princess cruise.

Karen:cool:

All of this is true. However, there are times when people come to the past guest parties who are on their first trip. Lots of discussion of this on other threads. Some see it as an ethical problem and others don't. Depends on whether anyone checks invites at the entrance. I know that Celebrity made us a past guest on our first cruise and invited us to the functions. Had to go to the purser's desk and ask for it though. Are you sure that your friends will be upset if you go? Something for them to look forward to.

When one asks to clarify the obvious.....................

It may be obvious to one who has over 50 cruises under their belt...lucky you! :p

When I made my first reservation on Carnival last Nov. they told me I was a past guest. I didn't realize at the time that Carnival would honor a princess cruise.

Karen:cool:

Too bad you couldn't go to the party ;)

Are you sure that your friends will be upset if you go?

:confused: I never said anything about them being upset...

Something for them to look forward to.

:confused: That doesn't sound right ....:D

My new DH was allowed to attend the Past Guest Party with me. I presented the invite at the door and we both simply walked in.

DID YA HEAR THAT DAN??? :D (just teasing)

Is the past cruise passenger number the number they give you on the member card they give you when you leave the ship? I took a cruise on the Crown Princess in 2007 and I was told by Carnival the same thing, but when I put in the number on the gold card I got when I got off the ship, it doesn't work?

Am I using the wrong number? Would the past cruiser discount be better than the sale that they are having?

My wife and I were on HAL last November; when we booked our 01/11/09 cruise on the Valor, Carnival gave us the past passenger discount. We did not have to provide a HAL guest #- Carnival verified our status.

:confused: I never said anything about them being upset...

:confused: That doesn't sound right ....:D

DID YA HEAR THAT DAN??? :D (just teasing)

Yes, I heard that and had you asked if you could ask a customer service person would they say NO. I would have said that no they would not refuse you and you non-eligible roomies. And I would have said that the asking is extremely rude.

50 cruises mean nothing, before I took the first cruise I knew what the word "past" meant, I also knew what the word "guest" meant. And I knew what the combined words "past guest" meant. So the answer to your question was OBVIOUS TO ME!!!!:D [just teasing] (NOT)

Dan

My sincere apologies for not wording my message in the manner that you would have liked. If you would care to read the first posting properly you will note that it was my TA who made the suggestion, otherwise I would not have considered the thought.

It's odd that a past guest of Princess is considered a past guest of Carnival for the purpose of booking a Carnival cruise with a discount. Perhaps you would like to explain to Carnival what "past guest" means. :p

It's odd that a past guest of Princess is considered a past guest of Carnival for the purpose of booking a Carnival cruise with a discount.

C'mon Freckles...;) It's a courtesy to all the lines Carnival Corp. owns that they offer a discount to past guests of those lines.

It seems logical only past CARNIVAL ships' past guests get the perks....like the others do on the other lines.:)

I called Princess on yesterday to get pricing on the October 24, 2009, Caribbean Princess cruise from NY to San Juan. When I inquired about the past guest rate, they told me none where available for that particular cruise, but they were offering a Early Booking Rate of $839.00 for a Balcony, and $959.00 for a mini suite on the Baja, Aloha and Riviera Deck. I was looking at booking three cabins and the depost is only $379.00 per cabin. As always, I have to wait on others to confirm their schedules before we book. Hopefully, they'll have good cabins available in a few weeks.

C'mon Freckles...;) It's a courtesy to all the lines Carnival Corp. owns that they offer a discount to past guests of those lines.

It appears that you took it out of context. You had to read the sentence that followed....

Perhaps you would like to explain to Carnival what "past guest" means.
:rolleyes: ....in response to Dan. :p

Archived