Questions on Beer & Pop Prices

travel2much

We were looking at the beer(buy six pay for 5) and soft drink gift packages you can order. I am not fussy on brands, how much does a single beer cost? How much are single cans of soda on board ship? We would like a couple of each for use in the cabin. Sailing on the Island Princess in Jan. We are not sure if we will have any time to pick up anything before we board. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

We were looking at the beer(buy six pay for 5) and soft drink gift packages you can order. I am not fussy on brands, how much does a single beer cost? How much are single cans of soda on board ship? We would like a couple of each for use in the cabin. Sailing on the Island Princess in Jan. We are not sure if we will have any time to pick up anything before we board. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Beer runs $4 to $6 plus grat.

Coke runs about $1.75 plus grat.

Coke sticker $4 plus grat @day unlimited drinks.

The way I look at it is that I would spend $4 for a beer at the places I go to at home and if at a bar I would tip $1 per drink. On the ship you are in a nice place paying $4 plus 60 cent tip which I consider a deal.

I'm either sitting at a bar with music, or at a fancy swimming pool bar or in a dining room.

Enoy.

We were on the Caribbean Princess last week, and a single bottle of Dos XX was $4.35 plus 15%, or $5.00. Actually , it was a fraction over $5.00, because when I bought two, it was $10.01.

Domestics may have been slightly cheaper.

Also on selected bars on the CB there was Stella Artois on draft, which was also $4.35 plus 15%, but they were served in a plastic cup which was probably closer to 16 oz. And our bartender was kind enough to fill it to the very brim!

We also pre-purchased a 6 for 5 beer package ahead of time. This was nice for two reasons: 1) we had beer available in our fridge in the cabin, and 2) it was pre-paid, so was not a part of our on-board account.

Edited to add: A can of soda on our cruise was $1.95 + 15%, or $2.24

It's on the Princess website, although it takes a little hunting to find:

From Princess.com, click the tab for "Learn About Our Cruises"

Then click "Onboard Experience"

Then click "Special Services"

Then click "Gifts"

Then click "Princess Cellars"

The Beer and soda packages are the last two items listed.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/princess_cellars/index.jsp

We will be sailing on the Golden in December. Does the coke card for 14 days cost $68.46? That seems like a lot, but I guess it's 14 days. I'll have to decide if I'd drink that much.

That's exactly what it is, but it doesn't sound as much when they tell you $4.25 per day. Semantics.

Not I!

Never purchased either card.

I would definitely purchase

a "Bar" card if they had one.;).. :D

I know you wouldn't buy the coffee card 'cause you're happy with the sludge. YUK! :eek: I don't need a bar card for my occasional dos equis. :)

I know you wouldn't buy the coffee card 'cause you're happy with the sludge. :D

YUK! I don't need a bar card for my occasional dos equis.

We do partake in a bucket or two. ;)

It definitely quenches a thirst on a hot Caribbean day.

With or without a wedge of lime.

:)

Archived