New Horizons

ladycajun

Has any one been on a full day snorkel trip with New Horizons? We are going on the Carnival triumph and will be in St Thomas Nov 26th and have 8 adults so we can't use the other boats that only allow 6. This sounds like a good trip.

Thanks

We were on the New Horizon last week. We got the cruise ship passenger rate and the $5 discount for paying cash. FYI - It was $10 per person each way to get to the resort where the New Horizon was docked. There were 3 of us so that added another $60 to the cost of the trip. We also tipped the crew.

The trip excursion itself was very nice. The crew took great care of everyone. There was plenty to drink all day and lunch was yummy. The snorkeling could have been better but we did see lots of colorful fish and a couple of sting rays.

Thanks... was the cost using a taxi to get there? Wow seems like they could provode transportation.. there will be 8 of us. Every excursion I have taken they have picked us up at the dock or within walking distance. I am still awaiting confirmation from them I faxed my info... we leave in 11 days so they need to confirm and give me specifics about where to meet them.

Thanks... was the cost using a taxi to get there? Wow seems like they could provode transportation.. there will be 8 of us. Every excursion I have taken they have picked us up at the dock or within walking distance. I am still awaiting confirmation from them I faxed my info... we leave in 11 days so they need to confirm and give me specifics about where to meet them.

You have to make your own way to the Saphire Resort where the New Horizons is docked. For 8 people, your adding another $160 round trip to your excursion, plus tip of course. You may be able to make other arrangements with them for a group that large.....

We were the only cruise ship passengers out of the 33 passengers on board the New Horizons on our trip.

We are booked on New Horizons for January 17 (cruise in on Adventure of the Seas). I researched all the daysail trips and all require a taxi ride costing $10/person each way. Most of the others are $125-135 so with the discount you get from New Horizons it ends up cheaper per person overall with the cab ride. Please post how you like it when you get back!Thanks, Joy.

I wrote to them about the cost and they gave me the number of a cabbie and said to tell him they sent us so maybe we will catch a break. I myself don't mind the cost but some of my friends are on a tighter budget... I just hope it's great, I have rarely been dissapointed on any excursions I have taken and I think this one will be good.

I'll post when I return.. leaving sat for Miami and I'm allready packed!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The tour was great! crew very friendly food great and plenty of drinks. 1st snorkle spot was dissapointing, was somewhere near St John but near beach and water was cloudy. The next stop was much better lots of fish and pretty coral. But if great snorkeling is your thing you may need to go elsewhere, like I said the snorkeling was OK and we all enjoyed it but I'm sure there are better places to go. But the overall experience was great!

• 1 year later...

Archived