infants on board

So my wife and I are thinking of a cruise deal we see coming up in a couple months. At that time, our little girl will be nearly six months old. Royal Caribbean says they do not give any discounts for children or infants? Do you mean they will charge me the same price as if another adult was staying with us? You've got to be kidding me.

3rd and 4th pax rates in same cabin are usually cheaper - but yes - there is no 'kid rate' on RCCL

So my wife and I are thinking of a cruise deal we see coming up in a couple months. At that time, our little girl will be nearly six months old. Royal Caribbean says they do not give any discounts for children or infants? Do you mean they will charge me the same price as if another adult was staying with us? You've got to be kidding me.

Yes, she will be charged the same as any other 3rd person in the cabin.

RCCL and Carnival both have the same policy.

Disney doesn't.

NCL charges port fees/taxes for kids under 2.

Costa and MSC have kids sail free on some sailings.

So if you want to sail on RCCL, then the answer is yes, you pay for the child....no matter the age.

Royal Caribbean will not permit a child younger than six months old to sail on any of their ships.

Royal Caribbean will not permit a child younger than six months old to sail on any of their ships.

Ooohhh good catch MM. I read it as 6 months.

bluecookies, you won't be able to sail with anyone but Disney if she is "nearly 6 months". That will limit your choice.

Ooohhh good catch MM. I read it as 6 months.

bluecookies, you won't be able to sail with anyone but Disney if she is "nearly 6 months". That will limit your choice.

Never mind they will pay 2x times as much on Disney for the two adults in the room to get the infant free. :rolleyes:

I paid the full 3rd person fare for my then 9 month old last year, and will be doing it again with my at that time 21 month old. Trust me, it KILLED me at first to pay the same as I would for an adult, but it was still worth it. The staff made quite the fuss over her, and I didn't feel as bad that she would waste some food here or there or make a mess because she did pay the full price! =)

Archived