Dressing Code in Caribbean Princess

clovew

Just booked an interior cabin in Carbbean Princess, which will depart from San Juan on Dec 21st. One day at sea. I wonder how many formal nights there are in this itirenary. Especially, what's the dressing code in this ship?

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much. One more question, because this is my first cruise.

I will receive a package about my ticket and another materials, won't I? And, when I booked the cruise, I saw a "travel insurance" after clicking on the puchasing button. Is this insurance compulsory?

Whoa! Wait a minute! Yes, insurance is optional - but you are a fool if you do not purchase trip insurance, either from Princess or from an independant trip insurance company! Don't even THINK about cruising without it!!:eek: If an emergency kept you from sailing, you'll be out all your money unless you have insurance!

2 formals.. Dress code can be found in your cruise answer book that you received..

We are on Sea Princess for 14 nights in January. After 7 nights there is a change of passengers. I presume perhaps that some passengers will be on for 7 nights only. My question is, will there be two formal nights each week or just the three for the 14 nights as stated in the information?:confused:

Buying Travel Insurance is a must now a days.

Here is why-

peace of mind, protection against the unexpected and concern over losing the financial investment in a trip, if you need to cancel your trip due to illness, baggage coverage and medical evacuation insurance, cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination, hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise, passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.

You can purchase a policy up until the day before you travel. Some policies are available for purchase on the day of departure, however, my recommendation is to purchase as soon as possible.

So go to

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

And get a quote.

We are on Sea Princess for 14 nights in January. After 7 nights there is a change of passengers. I presume perhaps that some passengers will be on for 7 nights only. My question is, will there be two formal nights each week or just the three for the 14 nights as stated in the information?:confused:

You will have 2 formal nights for each leg so for you, 4 of them.. :)

Please, Please make sure you get some type of insurance. If you regularly read these posts you will see one from a poor lady who's husband suddenly fell ill, turns out to be terminal cancer, she and other family members didnt have any cancelation insurance and it was very stressful for the whole family. Anything can happen in life, having insurance can just give you peace of mind.

have a wonderful cruise.

....Is this insurance compulsory?

As others have stated, insurance is optional.

We always have medical insurance including emergency evacuation coverage.

We have been fortunate enough to this point in time (49 cruises) to not feel the necessity to acquire (nor require) trip cancellation insurance coverage. We may consider such coverage as we age and our health status indicates.

Your mileage may vary...

As others have said, insurance is completely optional. While many cruise without insurance and have never needed it, all it takes is one time where it's needed to make it worthwhile. Even if you are healthy, your family is healthy and your travel plans to get to the ship are set, things can change in an instant. The airline could cancel your flight, you could experience delays and miss a connection, someone could trip and break an ankle, you get bronchitis while on the ship and need to visit the doctor, the list goes on.

Experienced, and smart, cruisers never leave home without insurance.

We buy an annual evacuation policy. Except for once, we haven't bought the usual miss the ship, etc., insurance. So far, so good. Nancy

Where do you get an annual evacuation policy?

Trip cancellation always seemed kind of dumb to me, but an evacuation policy from a reputable company seems worth while.

Pam, how was your cruise ? Glad to see you are back and contributing to CC again. You can sure tell when the regulars are away. Welcome back.

Dave

As others have said, insurance is completely optional. While many cruise without insurance and have never needed it, all it takes is one time where it's needed to make it worthwhile. Even if you are healthy, your family is healthy and your travel plans to get to the ship are set, things can change in an instant. The airline could cancel your flight, you could experience delays and miss a connection, someone could trip and break an ankle, you get bronchitis while on the ship and need to visit the doctor, the list goes on.

Experienced, and smart, cruisers never leave home without insurance.

Pam, how was your cruise ? Glad to see you are back and contributing to CC again. You can sure tell when the regulars are away. Welcome back.
Thanks. The cruise was exhausting but we knew it would be. I'll never book a cruise like that again but we're glad we did and that we went. Twenty-two ports in 28 days was a bit too much. I'll post a review of my HAL experience(s) vs. Princess soon.

Archived