AE or AC on Jade?

JsMom2

We are currently booked in an AE on the Jade next month. They have now lowered the price of the ACs, so that if I change cabins I'd save $500.

I know the AC is larger, but would you stay AFT over moving to the front of the ship?

TIA!

Wendy

AC and AE are the same size inside. The difference is a much larger AC balcony forward and exposed to the wind and weather of the Med next month. Great deal on the AC but I would stay aft so I had a balcony I could use. Keep in mind since you are past final payment they may let you move but they are not going give you back the $500.

I was in an AC on the Jade. The balconies on deck nine are very usable no matter what the weather because of the large overhang. Also, when you are under the overhang the wind is not bad at all. For most of my trip there was no wind, since it was a tail wind that was just slightly slower than the ship was going. Finally, the forward view cannot be beat ...

9500 from the entry door ...

9500Pan1.jpg

From the back wall ...

9500Pan2.jpg

From behind the bed ...

9500Pan3.jpg

From the balcony door ...

9500balconypan.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

That overhang sticks out far enough to cover the lounge chairs when the chair is up against the cabin wall.

Sunset after leaving Puerto Vallarta ...

SSPV_3632.jpg

Sunset while leaving Cartanega ...

SSCart_4755.jpg

Sunrise at sea ...

SRPV_3529.jpg

Six on the balcony with room to spare ...

2491700030095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

Going through the Panama Canal ...

2383699430095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

A view out the door ...

SRMai_5108.jpg

I mentioned my balcony in my review quite a bit. You can read the review by clicking on the link below ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38933

Those views are awesome! And this time I won't be fighting for space at the rail when we sail through the straits of Gibraltar!

That is why I wanted a forward facing balcony - I didn't want to fight for a view while going through the Panama Canal.

That is why I wanted a forward facing balcony - I didn't want to fight for a view while going through the Panama Canal.

Just keep in mind that forward balcony is much nicer in the 90 degrees of the canal then the upper 40s on the Med in winter. I would jump on the AC in mid summer but would have stayed aft protected and equally great 180 degree views.

Just keep in mind that forward balcony is much nicer in the 90 degrees of the canal then the upper 40s on the Med in winter. I would jump on the AC in mid summer but would have stayed aft protected and equally great 180 degree views.

I've been in rear facing cabins. The view is of where you have been, not where you are going. I always had to go up on deck to get good views of the port as we arrived. Also, the AC cabin balcony is about five times bigger than the AE cabin balcony. Thus, even if you loose 60% due to weather, you still have a useful balcony that is twice the size of an AE balcony. Despite what you might believe, while you are back under the overhang it is not windy. If you want to read my review you will see that I comment on this issue.

Here are some rear facing photos for comparision to the forward facing photos posted earlier ...

Balcony-aftviewII.jpg

WakefromPride6260.jpg

zs-IMGP0324m.jpg

Cuizer2

I have been in both as well including the AA on the Jade in Norway this summer, When it is less then 50 F and the Jade is underway no corner of that balcony can be used for more then a few minutes and you need to dress for it.

You are 100% correct there is no better view coming into port then a forward balcony and no better then an aft leaving port. One thing for sure I would take either over a Starboard or Port facing balcony.

A little different view.

IMG_8050.jpg

Archived