New to Carnival - Couple of Questions

PAHORNER

Hi all, Well was just suprized a couple hours ago by my DH with a quick cruise this week on the Fantasy, for our 25th wedding anniv. We have cruised before on Holland and Princess but never Carnival. I did check the Roll Call but only one post. If someone has a min, I have a couple of questions. Does Carnival offer a breakfast on roomservice ? Is there an auto tip ? So excited!!! Oh, one more, is it ok for DH to wear jacket and tie on formal nite, or does he need to do the tux.

Hi all, Well was just suprized a couple hours ago by my DH with a quick cruise this week on the Fantasy, for our 25th wedding anniv. We have cruised before on Holland and Princess but never Carnival. I did check the Roll Call but only one post. If someone has a min, I have a couple of questions. Does Carnival offer a breakfast on roomservice ? Is there an auto tip ? So excited!!!

Yes, there is an auto tip of $10 day pp. You can get room service for breakfast, but its mostly cold items (cereal, bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee, tea, juice, fruit, etc). For hot breakfast items, you can go to the Lido buffet or the dining room.

Have fun on your cruise!

Hi all, Well was just suprized a couple hours ago by my DH with a quick cruise this week on the Fantasy, for our 25th wedding anniv. We have cruised before on Holland and Princess but never Carnival. I did check the Roll Call but only one post. If someone has a min, I have a couple of questions. Does Carnival offer a breakfast on roomservice ? Is there an auto tip ? So excited!!! Oh, one more, is it ok for DH to wear jacket and tie on formal nite, or does he need to do the tux.

There is only "auto-tip" if you or DH included to "Pre-pay Gratuities" when booking and final payment. Some choose to not pre-pay tips. Yes, there is room service. Many choose to tip 1 or 2 bucks depending on how much is delivered to the room.

Also, a jacket and tie is perfectly fine for formal night. On my families last cruise to save luggage space I brought 1 jacket, 1 white dress shirt, khaki pants, 2 t-shirts, and 2 ties for 2 formal nights. As soon as dinner was over I'd go back to the room and change so that I did not need laundering.

We're going on Miracle in December, does anyone have the room service menu?? I saw it somewhere & I thought I saw hot items as well as cold. (Im sure a majority of folks like to have a hot breakfast on their balcony without the hassle of going to the buffet to get it.)

Also, any info on Miracle would be appreciated. Does Club O2 have an age limit, or are 20 yo's who want to hang with their teen siblings or younger friends allowed in?

There is only "auto-tip" if you or DH included to "Pre-pay Gratuities" when booking and final payment. Some choose to not pre-pay tips.

Not quite right. There is "auto-tip" always, at $10/day/Person. If you choose to pre-pay before sailing then they are obviously not part of your balance due on your final sign & sail statement. If you don't pre-pay then they will be added, unless you have had a reason to have them adjusted at the purser's desk during the cruise.

Also, any info on Miracle would be appreciated. Does Club O2 have an age limit, or are 20 yo's who want to hang with their teen siblings or younger friends allowed in?

Club O2 is for 15-17 y/o's. The age limit was enforced on the Conquest last year, but I suppose it would depend on the director in the club.

HTH,

Just off the Legend. Club O2 was just for 15-17 year olds and that's all they allowed to attend according to my daughter. She loved it.

They only offered cold items on the room service menu. We ordered breakfast one morning, but was only offered cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins and pastries. Nothing hot.

I was surprised how relaxed the new dress code is. Even on our 7 day cruise I saw 3 tuxes. Many had on dress coats w/ no tie, but many just wore a shirt. Many even wore hawaiian shirts and khakis. Thank goodness I didn't see the baseball hats on formal nights, but they were there all other night. Of course, the highlight was the Budweiser logo blazer. We still dressed up and had a great time, it's just always interesting.

Archived