What does HAL do for New Years onboard?

Avril

I've taken 2 New Years cruises with Carnival and they're a blast!! :D Lots of noise, parting, party favors, free champangne, blowing the ship's horn at midnight, huge deck party, extravegent buffett at midnight, tons of fun!! :D This year, my Mom and I decided to try HAL for the 1st time and we're going for New Years!! :D I was just wondering, what do they do for New Years Eve on board? Is it basicly the same as Carnival or different? If different, what do they do? Is it a Formal Night? Even if it's not, do people dress formal anyway? We're doing a 7 Day Southern Caribeban on the Eurodam if that maeks a difference. I can't wait!!!! :D

We have benn on Christmas / New Year cruise for the last six years. We like New Year's Eve on ship. It is much like you say. It is a formal night. HAL starts the evening in the dining room with hats. The evening party is more controlled in the lounge. Dancing, paper, balloon drop, contest, drinks, and lots of fun. There is a count down with Ship officers, staff, and entertainers. We think it is a wonderful time. Always fun, some times better than others. Book and have fun. Happy New Year!

We have benn on Christmas / New Year cruise for the last six years. We like New Year's Eve on ship. It is much like you say. It is a formal night. HAL starts the evening in the dining room with hats. The evening party is more controlled in the lounge. Dancing, paper, balloon drop, contest, drinks, and lots of fun. There is a count down with Ship officers, staff, and entertainers. We think it is a wonderful time. Always fun, some times better than others. Book and have fun. Happy New Year!

Thanks!! :D It sounds like fun!! We are booked, have been for awhile now. I can't wait!! :D

Oh ya, I forgot to mention. On my previous New Years cruises with Carnival, they gave us free champagne at Embarkation as well as at Midnight on New Years Eve. :D Do they do this on HAL as well?

Here is a link to a previous post I wrote with regards to New Year's Eve festivities on board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15859972#post15859972

I do not remember any free champagne at embarkation, only at the actual party. Also, there were not any official parties out on deck. There was music and food in the main lounge and in the Crow's Nest. There was also a big buffet in the Lido from 11pm to 1am. The teens had their own party in the loft (although many were in the main lounge as well).

Anyone know anything else about New Years cruises on HAL? I'm so excited and I want to learn as much as I can before hand!! :D

Did you check the thread you started a few months ago about this? I remember there were several replies there.

Archived