Pool Water Temp.?

PastorD2

:rolleyes: Scheduled to cruise on the Fascination January 5-10. My wife just asked me a question that I haven't found the answer to: What should we expect the pool water temperature to be on the ship? In other words, is the pool water heated?

It would seem to me that it should be, but what do I know. In other thoughts or comments on the use of and enjoying the pool deck would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Doug

:rolleyes: Scheduled to cruise on the Fascination January 5-10. My wife just asked me a question that I haven't found the answer to: What should we expect the pool water temperature to be on the ship? In other words, is the pool water heated?

It would seem to me that it should be, but what do I know. In other thoughts or comments on the use of and enjoying the pool deck would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Doug

The water will be a tad chilly... it is NOT Heated......We usually just use the showers near the pool to cool off... water is much warmer than in the pool and in January.... it can be iffy regarding outside temps as well.

Doug

It's treated sea water and is not heated.

Doug

Been on 3 cruises so far..been in each of the pools and while they are not "warm" they have all been perfect for the weather we experienced...I was disappointed in the hot tubs on the Valor, though....tepid at best if not cool...ugh (definitely not a "hot" tub)...but I am not complaining cause I love cruising no matter what the temp:)

Last January we did the So. Caribbean cruise on the Destiny out of San Juan. The water temp of the pools was very nice - did not seem cold to me.

OP is on the Fascination out of JAX... probably going to Nassau and Half Moon Caye or possibly Key West, those ports are not far from the Florida coast (and will usually be very close in temp to Fla. temps that time of year) and temps in that area are no comparison to the southern caribbean.....:cool:

I will be on that cruise also. Sorry, don't know about the pool water. TravlNTreats, we are indeed going to Key West and not Half Moon Caye.

Pastor, you should come join our roll call. Find it here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=816360

Same itinerary I did Sept29 aboard her..... and am booked again Dec. 13th doing Nassau and HMC.... Great Ship and I hope you have a wonderful cruise ! PS.... pool on the back of the ship is much warmer than mid ship due to its total exposure to the sun, but still is going to be chilly in Jan. !

Doug

You will not be cruising in the Caribbean. You will be cruising in the Atlantic Ocean in January. The pools are filled each day and drained away each night with seawater pumped from the ocean. Whatever the ocean temp is, so the pool will be. It may be chilly be it should not be COLD!

Dan

Archived