Barcelona Hotel

I stayed at the Regencia Colon. It's in the gothic barrio district, within walking distance of many things. It was reasonably priced and clean. For one night, it was perfect for me since I really was more interested in the sightseeing in the area instead of fine multi-star hotel ammenities.

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz in Barcelona and it was great. Two blocks from the Ramblas accross the street from the city tour bus stop and comfortable. They offered free internet service,breakfast buffet etc. Would stay there on our next trip to Barcelona.About 25e to the pier.

You should do a search. There was a huge thread about this a while ago. The first thing to consider is what part of the city you want to stay in. Many love the Ramblas, we hated it. We prefer to be a bit off the Ramblas, and have stayed at the Hotel Jazz and at the NH Calderon, both were good inexpensive hotels, not far from the Ramblas. We have also stayed at the AB Skipper, which is down near the Hotel Arts, by the beach. It was a 5 euro cab ride from there to the Columbus statue at the base of the Ramblas. Good luck and enjoy. Barcelona is a great city.

You should do a search. There was a huge thread about this a while ago. The first thing to consider is what part of the city you want to stay in. Many love the Ramblas, we hated it. We prefer to be a bit off the Ramblas, and have stayed at the Hotel Jazz and at the NH Calderon, both were good inexpensive hotels, not far from the Ramblas. We have also stayed at the AB Skipper, which is down near the Hotel Arts, by the beach. It was a 5 euro cab ride from there to the Columbus statue at the base of the Ramblas. Good luck and enjoy. Barcelona is a great city.

bobk57 after some research on this site and trip advisor, we booked the hotel jazz for our sept 20 voyager of the seas cruise. We had to wait til 330 days out to use our frequent flier miles for our flight to barcelona, and at the same time booked our hotel rooms for our pre and post stay... A word to the wise, if your looking for a low to mid range room rate, don't wait too much longer, as we found out. Alot of these rooms go really quickly..referee

Bob,

I have to tell you we just got back on Saturday and we spent two nights at the brand new Barcelo Raval. It is 1.5 blocks off the center of La Rambla. It just opened about 3 weeks ago and they are having an grand opening special for 102 euros a night...This is a steal!!! the hotel is really crazy...ultra modern. It is rated a 4star, however i would put it up at the top % of 4 star hotel...Bedding is unreal. Good Luck

Archived