Which Cruise Would You Choose (I Have To)

dgwags

The 1st is a 9 day cruise in the highest Inside Cabin category visiting San Juan, St. Thomas, Samana and a private island. The total cost is $2,755.

The 2nd is a 7 day cruise in the Balcony Guarantee category visiting Grand Turk, Freeport and a private island. The total cost is $2,335.

Now the cost isn't a factor, just wondering if a balcony is worth more then the extra 2 days or if the 2 extra days are the better choice over a balcony.

Thanks everyone, have a nice day.

I'd skip em both. What are these itineraries? 9 day cruise and only 4 ports? 7 day cruise and only 3 ports? Too many sea days for me.

To answer your question, I'd pick the first - for the 2 extra days and because the second itinerary is really subpar IMO.

If there were no other choices I would pick the balcony. I love being able to see the ocean all the time when we are in the cabin. My DH and I spend a fair bit of time on the balcony starting with coffee in the morning.

Kathy:)

I'd skip em both. What are these itineraries? 9 day cruise and only 4 ports? 7 day cruise and only 3 ports? Too many sea days for me.

To answer your question, I'd pick the first - for the 2 extra days and because the second itinerary is really subpar IMO.

WOW I love sea days... 9 days with four ports would be heaven!

OP: I would rather have the two extra days than the balcony.

Only you can make this decision. But, we all have our opinions which will hopefully help.

One question I have is whether or not you've cruised before. If you have you'll have a better understanding of what kind of cabin you'll be getting with each choice.

I know people who save their money for excursions and onboard expenses and always book an inside cabin regardless of the number of sea days or anything else.

My vote: the balcony. I love sea days on my own balcony.

In the absence of the OP answering your questions, I venture to guess that the choice is between the following:

1) 9 day RCL Explorer out of Bayonne, NJ and

2) 7 day Carnival Pride out of Baltimore, MD

If I'm right, I should have been a "detective"....OP, please tell me if this is incorrect! This is FUN! :)

Keith

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. Here's more info, the reason I didn't want to put it in before is because it's 2 different lines and I didn't want that to influence your decisions, it doesn't ours.

The 9 day Inside is:

Grandeur of the Seas

30 Jul Baltimore 4pm

31 Jul At Sea

1 Aug At Sea

2 Aug San Juan 2pm-11pm

3 Aug St. Thomas 7am-5pm

4 Aug Samana 9am-6pm

5 Aug Labadee 8am-5pm

6 Aug At Sea

7 Aug At Sea

8 Aug Baltimore 7Am

The 7 day Balcony is:

Carnival Pride

31 Jul Baltimore 5:30pm

1 Aug At Sea

2 Aug At Sea

3 Aug Grand Turk 7am-3pm

4 Aug Half Moon Cay 9am-5pm

5 Aug Freeport 7am-3pm

6 Aug At Sea

7 Aug Baltimore 10am

Hope this helps and again, Thanks. If this was going from Inside to Inside or Balcony to Balcony it'd be no choice, we'd take the 9 day but, it's from Inside to Balcony.

Those who've suggested checking on a balcony for the 9 day we have and that is a price issue for us.

Debbie and Dave

In the absence of the OP answering your questions, I venture to guess that the choice is between the following:

1) 9 day RCL Explorer out of Bayonne, NJ and

2) 7 day Carnival Pride out of Baltimore, MD

If I'm right, I should have been a "detective"....OP, please tell me if this is incorrect! This is FUN! :)

Keith

Not bad, 50% right:D

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. Here's more info, the reason I didn't want to put it in before is because it's 2 different lines and I didn't want that to influence your decisions, it doesn't ours.

The 9 day Inside is:

Grandeur of the Seas

30 Jul Baltimore 4pm

31 Jul At Sea

1 Aug At Sea

2 Aug San Juan 2pm-11pm

3 Aug St. Thomas 7am-5pm

4 Aug Samana 9am-6pm

5 Aug Labadee 8am-5pm

6 Aug At Sea

7 Aug At Sea

8 Aug Baltimore 7Am

The 7 day Balcony is:

Carnival Pride

31 Jul Baltimore 5:30pm

1 Aug At Sea

2 Aug At Sea

3 Aug Grand Turk 7am-3pm

4 Aug Half Moon Cay 9am-5pm

5 Aug Freeport 7am-3pm

6 Aug At Sea

7 Aug Baltimore 10am

Hope this helps and again, Thanks. If this was going from Inside to Inside or Balcony to Balcony it'd be no choice, we'd take the 9 day but, it's from Inside to Balcony.

Those who've suggested checking on a balcony for the 9 day we have and that is a price issue for us.

Debbie and Dave

I would take the 9 day, better ports.

The 1st is a 9 day cruise in the highest Inside Cabin category visiting San Juan, St. Thomas, Samana and a private island. The total cost is $2,755.

The 2nd is a 7 day cruise in the Balcony Guarantee category visiting Grand Turk, Freeport and a private island. The total cost is $2,335.

Now the cost isn't a factor, just wondering if a balcony is worth more then the extra 2 days or if the 2 extra days are the better choice over a balcony.

Thanks everyone, have a nice day.

It's a no brianer for me, I won't sail in an inside cabin, it upsets my circadium rythum.

We love sea days, it gives us an excuse to be lazy. But we also prefer to cruise with a balcony, we just need that fresh air.

I think though, in this case I'd have to go with the 9 night cruise and tough it out inside :)

I think the OP should base their decision on the ports first, the ship second. Investigate which ports you would rather visit.

WE decided on the RCCL 9 day Inside cabin. First is my wife prefers RCCL but the main decision maker was reviews of the Pride which included the following:

-The artwork on the ship, includes some nudity

-I loved the art pieces and didn't get all excited about seeing "boobies."

-Though there were nude pictures everywhere

-The style was that of italian art so there were a lot of nude photos and statues all over the ship which to me wouldn't say "family funship".

-There was a HUGE nude painting of a woman as you walk into the Normandie dining room and a statue of a naked man in the middle of the supper club

-The renisance art work and nudity on Carnival Pride was way over the top, to the point of being garish and tasteless

-Much of the Renaissance "artwork" features nudity

-The topless-mermaid sculptures were up on Lido Deck were anatomically correct

We are Bible believing and bible teaching church members and this is not OK with us and if these responses are in just a few reviews I've read then to me it means that it is obvious and we wouldn't be comfortable on this ship.

Thanks again for your responses. A balcony for our 25 Wedding Anniversary would have been nice but we will be happy with 2 extra days also and maybe with CCL adding cruises to the Port of Baltimore for the summer it will make less bookings for RCCL (since their fee is a lot higher) and RCCL will lower their rates enough for us to take a balcony with them.

Archived