Excursions after disembarking

pmso

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with booking an excursion through RCCL for the day you disembark. We are getting off the Navigator next month in Fort Lauderdale and our flight doesn't leave until late afternoon. We were thinking of booking one of the FL excursion but were wondering what happens to your luggage, etc. Are you responsible for picking it up and bringing to a bus or does RCCL do this? Also, does the cruiseline provide transportation to the airport after the excursion?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with booking an excursion through RCCL for the day you disembark. We are getting off the Navigator next month in Fort Lauderdale and our flight doesn't leave until late afternoon. We were thinking of booking one of the FL excursion but were wondering what happens to your luggage, etc. Are you responsible for picking it up and bringing to a bus or does RCCL do this? Also, does the cruiseline provide transportation to the airport after the excursion?

I did this after a cruise on the Majesty in September.

First of all, the excursion was EXCELLENT, much better than I expected.

Now, to your questions.

Yes, you pick up your own bags and take them out to the bus. You carefully watch while they stow them under the bus, where they will stay, locked and secure, until you retrieve them at the airport.

The bus takes you to your airport.

How late is your flight?

My cruise ended in Miami, and my flight was out of Fort Lauderdale.

I was at the airport (FLL) by noon. My flight wasn't until 4:25. That was a LOT of down time. I survived, but I would have much preferred an even longer excursion. :)

Our flight doesn't leave until 5:05PM, so we will have alot of down time.

Do you just take your bags off the bus at the airport, or do they bring them to the terminal for you?

Thanks for your help

-Pat

You might also want to look into this - depending on your air carrier - the price is around $20/pp I believe

http://www.airportbags.com/

click SERVICES, then CRUISESHIPS

I found it on JetBlue's website - on there it said you can arrange it onboard the ship. There were some restrictions - like I think the minimum is a 7-day sailing (no clue why that would effect it)

But you could dig for more info - might make it easier.

Do you just take your bags off the bus at the airport, or do they bring them to the terminal for you?

Thanks for your help

-Pat

We enjoyed a post cruise Miami sightseeing excursion which had an airport dropoff. The Everglades tour requires a flight departure after 2:30 p.m. so that wouldn't be a problem for you. Just be sure that you choose the excursion with the FLL dropoff, not MIA! ;)

The bus drops you off in front of your terminal, just like if you took a shuttle service or a taxi.

We enjoyed a post cruise Miami sightseeing excursion which had an airport dropoff. The Everglades tour requires a flight departure after 2:30 p.m. so that wouldn't be a problem for you. Just be sure that you choose the excursion with the FLL dropoff, not MIA! ;)

It doesn't operate like this every time.

On our excursion, there was a drop-off at each airport. (one excursion for all, regardless of airport of departure)

Archived