Carnival Paradise

Gini

We were on the Paradise (our 2nd time) in early September and there were regular TVs in the cabins. She's going in for dry dock early next month but sounds like you will miss the possible upgrades. Have a great cruise, we really like the Paradise (and other Fantasy class ships)! There's a link to the pics in my signature.

I went in May and same stuff cathy mentioned above, older Tv's etc.

I am going for NYE after the dry dock scheduled for lateNov-midDec and I will post some pics of whatever they updated. Hopefully the TV's and get rid of that bulky box that holds the lifejackets in the corner of the room.

I went in May and same stuff cathy mentioned above, older Tv's etc.

I am going for NYE after the dry dock scheduled for lateNov-midDec and I will post some pics of whatever they updated. Hopefully the TV's and get rid of that bulky box that holds the lifejackets in the corner of the room.

Getting rid of those boxes would be great! That's the only thing I don't like about the Fantasy class ships, getting too old to climb across the bed. Please let us know if they're gone. Have a great cruise!

One of the crew told me that Paradise is going into dry-dock on December 1 for a extensive refit. It will get the water-park and adult serenity pool area updates. All cabins get new furnishings including flat screen TV's. I believe he said that it will also get one or two new public lounges.

For anyone that lives in the Bay Area; they are going to use the San Francisco floating dry-dock for the refit.

One of the crew told me that Paradise is going into dry-dock on December 1 for a extensive refit. It will get the water-park and adult serenity pool area updates. All cabins get new furnishings including flat screen TV's. I believe he said that it will also get one or two new public lounges.

For anyone that lives in the Bay Area; they are going to use the San Francisco floating dry-dock for the refit.

Really? Getting WaterWorks and the Serenity area?? Wow, my PVP told me they wouldnt be getting all of that until 2010 and the 2 week drydock was just refreshing up the cabins and public areas.

Well, very nice then! :D

Are they opening the sailing to the public back to Long Beach from SF??

LOL!:D

But, those are the best free extra storage space in all of Carnival's Fleet!;)

You all never used it for that? :confused:

No never, there's plenty of room in the closet and suitcases go under the bed. All it was was an aggravation to getting out of the far side of the bed or getting over to the window to look out. From some pics of other Fantasy class ships, they are getting rid of those when they get the new flast screen TVs, so there is hope!

Anyone been on the Paradise lately? Has it been upgraded does it have flatscreen TV's? How about entertainment - comedians? We are going November 17th. Thanks.

I cruised on her back in April, the CD was Karl with a K but I believe he went to the Liberty.

Comdians were good, one of two was Seth Buchward, this guy looks like Sideshow Bob of the Simpsons but with yellow hair.

On the last night they will have both comedians play at the Queen Mary lounge, make sure you get there very earily and get a seat upfront because this is standing room only. Not sure why they use this small lounge, everyone shows up to see them.

There is a show called Here's Hollywood on the night of Ensenada.

Here's a video of Cabin R129, No Flat Screen T.V.'s

Fred

Really? Getting WaterWorks and the Serenity area?? Wow, my PVP told me they wouldn't be getting all of that until 2010 and the 2 week drydock was just refreshing up the cabins and public areas.

Well, very nice then! :D

Are they opening the sailing to the public back to Long Beach from SF??

Interesting. We'll find out the extent of the refit soon enough. Given the revenue loss during the 2 week downtime it wouldn't surprise me if they do the WaterWorks upgrade at the same time. The SF drydock can coordinate a lot of work in a relatively short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting. We'll find out the extent of the refit soon enough. Given the revenue loss during the 2 week downtime it wouldn't surprise me if they do the WaterWorks upgrade at the same time. The SF drydock can coordinate a lot of work in a relatively short period of time.

The other 3 Fantasy class ships that have had the Water Works and full retrofit have been in dry dock for 4 weeks. Since the Paradise is only in drydock for 2 weeks, I doubt she's getting the whole thing done now.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, the 10 day drydock isn't the full Evolutions of Fun treatment. Serenity and Circle C are going in, and the ship already had Camp Carnival and a golf course, but no water park this time.

Photos taken at the drydock, and a few more details, here:

http://www.*****.com/journals/savvy_ship_visits/2008/carnival_paradise_western_mexico_1208

Archived