Port Canaveral HOTELS

I am sure this has been a topic many times, but I can't find one, so I am starting a new one.

We have a group of 28 going out of Port Canaveral in November. We have the Radisson Resort at the Port booked already, but I am seeing some bad reviews on it.

We have about half the group driving in, so will need to park. The entire group is arriving the day prior, so we need everyone at the same hotel.

Where have you stayed? How close was it to the Port/Ship? How much? Did it include the parking?

I know Radisson is the closest, but how much further are the other ones from there? Is the Radisson on the beach, can we just walk over to it? We will be there in November, so will the late night noise level be bad really, like recent Spring Break goers were experiencing?

Thanks as usual!

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Explorer of the Seas 12/02

Carnival Pride 07/03

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;7;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Holiday Inn Express (not the oceanfront one). Newer, clean...depending on traffic lights, you can be at the port in 5-10 minutes. The HIE is across the street from the Cocoa Beach Pier.

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

I've stayed at Rad at the Port a couple of times .. they were redoing pool area etc. in January... and love shuttle, free parking etc.I don't have these boards so have no idea what the bad reviews are in general. If you call and have that many tell them you are with CC and they may give you a group rate. For convenience IMHO it's the best for overnight stay.. golden arches across the street for munchies. pool and bar etc.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Priceline.com question...can I name the Raddison at the Port with my bid?

If you don't like the Radisson you can stay at the Quality Inn Suites and use the Radisson Inn parking and shuttle. You have to drive from the Quality Inn Suites to the Raddison on the morning of the cruise. Quality Inn is fairly new and you can walk to the beach. Same person owns both properties. We did this last October.

Hi there.....last year when we sailed the glory, we stayed at the radisson.....the pool was nice and it's a convenient location...I would book there again however, this year we have around 16 people cruising on the mariner and we decided to all stay at the ron jon cape caribbe.....it's the closest hotel to the port.....it's brand new and just opened in january..it has a lazy man river and it looks just beautiful...you might want to try it...their website is www.capecaribe.com

let us know how you make out....

Stayed at Rad in March, probably wouldn't do it again, but for one night what's the difference. The problem was the bed - it was horrible.

Royal Majesty '89,'90'91

Nordic Empress '95

Galaxy'98

Century '99

Majesty of the Seas '01

Constellation ''03

Mariner of the Seas '04

I have stayed at the Radisson twice and no more. Both times the room had a nasty odor and just did not look clean. The last time there I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard and had a room overlooking the beach. Not sure if they have parking available or not. The Hampton Inn is next door and I understand that they do have parking for cruise passengers. Both hotels are about four miles south of the port.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Th eron jon cape caribe is very nice but it is really NOt a hotel it is a vacation club so it is really set up for people to stay a week. But I understand that until it fills up they are offering it as a hotel type place just an FYI for those who are going to ROn Jons expecting hotel service... My friend just stayed a week LOVEDF it great pool beach etc.. but another friend was there before a cruise and HATEDit as she likes to be able to have wake up call etc..

Hampton Inn Holiday Inn express are all nice I love the INN at Cooca Beach very nice romantic neat setting...

OK, new question. I have just learned that the Radisson is not on the beach. Not sure why I thought it was, but I did. Also, that the Ron Jon IS on the beach, but looking at the map, it doesn't look like it is very close. Seems like it is a little overwhelming actually for just a one night stay. Any thoughts?

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Explorer of the Seas 12/02

Carnival Pride 07/03

http://www.ospsitecrafters.com/images/flahatch.gif

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;7;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We loved the Radisson in Jan. We could even see the ship from the hotel after it docked early in the am. We had a great little Greek Restaurant next door where we ate lunch and breakfast. Went to the docks for dinner and watched Sat. ships sail. We took a taxi to the ship as did not want to wait for the shuttle. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Had a great room at the RAd. with a hot tub in the bedroom. Fun.....

I just stayed at the Radisson last Sunday. The lobby and pool areas were very nice, but our room was awful. It had a terrible odor and the bed was very uncomfortable. I wouldn't stay there again. The shuttle was very convenient though.

Kim

Guest OBAYbee

We stayed at The Crowne Plaza Orlando a day prior to our Mariner of the Seas Cruise December 28 2003. LOVED IT!

Archived