Home from the Holiday

KRANELL

We left October 20th on the Holiday out of Mobile, AL. We've been home about a week now. Wishing I was back on a cruise.

This was our 5th cruise. Three w/ RC & 2nd w/ Carnival. After our 1st Carnival cruise we were not estatic about returning to the cruise line. The Holiday redeemed Carnival in our eyes. We had a wonderful trip.

Yes the ship is small and you can see some wear and tear. We found plenty of activites to keep us occupied. Everything was very clean. We had an outside cabin on the Empress deck. E77. Nice size room. Plenty of closet space.

The dining room was nice. Food was very good.

The buffet selection was a little limited.

Even had a small chocolate buffet one afternoon.

We had another couple with us 1st time cruisers, they had a great time as well.

For the price of this cruise. We would definately book again.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We were disembarking while you were embarking!:D We had a great time, too!

Oh, here's a funny! We were a group of nine women, ranging in age from 32 to 52. We talk big but are actually pretty tame. Although....I did kinda get carried away with tequilla at Pasion Isle but that's another thread.

ANYWAY, we all had arrived separately in a group of 3, 2, and 4. When my group of 4 got up to Customs to disembark, the agent asked her if she was with "the wild and crazy girls" and she just laughed and said "yes". So, THEN he says "are you with the group of 4 or group of 9?" "uh.....9" she says! We laughed until we cried! Now, NINE is an odd number for a girl's cruise! Is it really possible that our reputation had preceeded us? Too funny! The other girls swear they didn't say anything prior to us getting to Customs...:D

We were disembarking while you were embarking!:D We had a great time, too!

Oh, here's a funny! We were a group of nine women, ranging in age from 32 to 52. We talk big but are actually pretty tame. Although....I did kinda get carried away with tequilla at Pasion Isle but that's another thread.

ANYWAY, we all had arrived separately in a group of 3, 2, and 4. When my group of 4 got up to Customs to disembark, the agent asked her if she was with "the wild and crazy girls" and she just laughed and said "yes". So, THEN he says "are you with the group of 4 or group of 9?" "uh.....9" she says! We laughed until we cried! Now, NINE is an odd number for a girl's cruise! Is it really possible that our reputation had preceeded us? Too funny! The other girls swear they didn't say anything prior to us getting to Customs...:D

I want to hear about the tequila and Pasion Isle,,,,and it sounds like I want to come next time:D Holly

I want to hear about the tequila and Pasion Isle,,,,and it sounds like I want to come next time:D Holly

Gurl, we're sailing out of N.O. next October on our 4th JSC (uh, we call it the JSC cause it's a cruise where we don't do "jack" for 4 nights:D) You're welcome to sail with us, only rule being "no significant others"! It's a pal cruise..lol.

Oh, and I did a review of our day at P.I. on the Coz board. A good time was had by all!

Okay I'm taking my 2nd cruise on Holiday Jan 3rd. I bragged so much after lst years cruise that npw i have a whole crew of family/friends goign with me.

I'm worried i may have built her up to much....what are some of the highlights of the cruise i can share with my friends.....would love a new point of view.

Now you have me primed. We are sailing in 28 days, but who's counting?:rolleyes:

Wow, clackey, is it really only 28 more days until our cruise? I can't believe it....I need to hop over to the roll call and see if anything's going on over there.

You got your bags packed?

Okay I'm taking my 2nd cruise on Holiday Jan 3rd. I bragged so much after lst years cruise that npw i have a whole crew of family/friends goign with me.

I'm worried i may have built her up to much....what are some of the highlights of the cruise i can share with my friends.....would love a new point of view.

SOOOOO easy to navigate! Especially nice when hooking up with family and friends. Pool bar at the back of the ship is especially nice, service is excellent throughout the ship. Karaoke is very popular and Timmy Pierce, in front of the bus top, is gonna be a big star one day! Get your pic with him before he hits the big time! SHOUT show is so much fun, Brad Tassel is a hoot!

And, robes are in the closet!

We were on the Holiday last Sept and are set to go again in 32 days. Last time it was my bil and sil. This time it's them, us, our 6 year old dd, my mil and fil, my sil's mom and step-dad, her aunt and cousin. We're a mind crowd when it comes to the alchol but we know how to have fun otherwise.

We're trying to prepare our 6 year old, as this is her first cruise. She's also one of those you cannot surprise or it will upset her apple cart, as my mom says. Anyway, last year they didn't have the waterslide working, was it working this year? I think she'd get a hoot out of being on it in the middle of the ocean.

We have kids 14, 12, 10 (boy/boy/girl). Would like to do a Christmas cruise, but not sure we can swing the expense of some of the newer ships out of Galveston or New Orleans. (Looking at NCL Spirit or RCCL Voyager.)

From the list of amenties, they don't have nearly as much for kids as some of the other ships (no movie theater, no basketball, no mini golf, etc.). What would the kids do all day on the Holiday?

We sail on her the 22nd of this month. Having heard wonderful stories about her and the fantastic crew she is supposed to have, I wanted to be able to enjoy her before she left the fleet.

I have lovingly dubbed her "The Bubba Boat" as I hear she is often occupied by many of the regional residents. (Being a multi-generational Southerner, I call her that with the knowing that our slow drawl and casual way of doing things is often misunderstood :D -and that my friends is often used to OUR advantage.) I can't wait to join the ranks of those who love her.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise - 2 weeks and counting for me!

Archived