Info needed. Please help

redrosec

I am very worried and am hoping someone can help. My husband works on the Oosterdam and I have not heard from him today. He always calls as soon as he gets up in the morning and we speak again in the evening . He has not called or emailed all day so something is definitely wrong! I am praying that the satellites are down, though that has never happened before while he has been on. Could the communication systems be down all day? Does anyone know how I can find out what is going on? Anyone know how I can contact the ship? I am very upset . Thanks.

The information they give to passengers is to call 1-866-425-7447. You need to have the ships name, persons name and cabin number. Hope this helps.
However, you should be aware that calls to that number cost $16 per minute. For free, you might first try calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576.

I hope everything turns out all right.

Thanks. I already tried that and they said it was for passengers only and I needed to know the room #. It gave me another # to try and they are closed till tommorrow. I did find an emergency HAL # and I spoke to someone. She said she has no way of knowing if anything is down but gave me a number that was supposed to connect me to the ship. I keep trying but no one answers. I am in a panic here and no one could help me.

Redrose take a deep breath and try to relax. Our imaginations always work overtime when something is out of the ordinary. It could be anything sweetheart and I'm sure you'll hear from him soon or you'll be able to contact someone to give you the answers. Often at work you can get tied up on an emergency task that makes it difficult to call. Take care of yourself and let us know that it all worked it. We all send you warm hugs.

We got off the Oosterdam yesterday.

Please don't worry. I have been on many cruises to Mexico when the satelite

has been down. If anything happened with your husband, the ship would call you.

Johnny is the best entertainer on that ship and loved by all. He is a dynamo,

never takes a break. We loved him. Great personality.

Tomorrow the ship will be in Cabo. So I bet you will get a call or email. don't worry.

San Diego Sue

Thank you for your concerns. Someone finally answered at that number and it was a recording in a foriegn langauge and it disconnected. I worry also because he doesn't start work till 9pm so if something was wrong with him, no one would know till later tonight. Lisa, if you think you can get ahold of someone please do. If you get ahold of her though, then that means the lines aren't down. It stinks that no one at the HAL emergency line can be of any help. It will be a long night if I have to wait till morning to contact someone.

Thank you for your concerns. Someone finally answered at that number and it was a recording in a foriegn langauge and it disconnected. I worry also because he doesn't start work till 9pm so if something was wrong with him, no one would know till later tonight. Lisa, if you think you can get ahold of someone please do. If you get ahold of her though, then that means the lines aren't down. It stinks that no one at the HAL emergency line can be of any help. It will be a long night if I have to wait till morning to contact someone.

Rose, I just emailed Marcella but tonight is Formal night and she would be currently busy with Captain's Toast and being on stage. So I am thinking if she does happen to go back to her office probably within the hour. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Thanks Lisa, but if you hear from her I will REALLY be worried. John has email too and if he wasn't able to call he would have emailed me several times already. He should be working right now so as long as the phone doesn't ring I will assume he is OK and the lines are down.

UPDATE- I finally heard from him this morning. He called from his cell saying the phones & internet have been down since early Sun morn and they are still working on it. They hope to have things back by this evening. I am very relieved. This has not happened before since he has been on so it had me really worried. Thank you everyone for your help and supportive words. I don't post much but I have been lurking for years. Rose

UPDATE- I finally heard from him this morning. He called from his cell saying the phones & internet have been down since early Sun morn and they are still working on it. They hope to have things back by this evening. I am very relieved. This has not happened before since he has been on so it had me really worried. Thank you everyone for your help and supportive words. I don't post much but I have been lurking for years. Rose

Rose, I am so glad you heard from him this morning. I do hope you got some sleep last night. I honestly suspected the statellite being down as the problem. I have encountered this numerous times on cruises. I also have not heard back from the ship but that is also not surprising. Now enjoy your day.:)

Archived