Carnival Liberty 10/25/2008 Review and Pictures

Papasaurus

We are just off the Liberty and have read some of the reviews so I will give yet another with pictures. I agree with some of the other reviews to an extent but being our first cruise we have nothing to compare to except our own view. Here goes:

We let home on Thursday and flew from Boise to Seattle and over night to Miami arriving at 6:30 A.M. We were able to get into a room right away so that was a plus.

cruisepictures.jpg

We are just off the Liberty and have read some of the reviews so I will give yet another with pictures. I agree with some of the other reviews to an extent but being our first cruise we have nothing to compare to except our own view. Here goes:

We let home on Thursday and flew from Boise to Seattle and over night to Miami arriving at 6:30 A.M. We were able to get into a room right away so that was a plus.

cruisepictures.jpg

This is the pool at the Motel

The next morning we were off to the ship. We arrived at the port at about 11:30 and were on board by 12:15. It went very smooth. We got through security pretty well except that I got pulled over to search my carry on. I had a couple large bottle of mixer in there and they had to make sure it was not booze. I had ordered that delivered to the room so no problem. Off to the lido deck for somthing to eat.

cruisepictures39.jpg

After we ate it was time to go to the room. We were on the Lido deck in cabin 9229. Some one else knew this number and we got calls nearly every night at about 3:00 A.M. They knew my screen name and wold say hi and hang up. Welearned real fast to unplug the phone at night. The phantom could come forward now and say who they were. We found it some what funny. We then went out to explore the ship.

cruisepictures35.jpg

After trying to figure out the lay out of the ship it was time for this event. I do not have to explain this one.

cruisepictures13.jpg

Once we finished mustar drill we had a meet and greet with some of the Cruise Critic Members. We met Sunny Vacation, Red Stillettos and her boyfriend Dave., Jolly Man and his wife. Cruizin Cathy and her friend, Rick and James, Albicore, Donit and some I dont recall I am sure.

We had early dining but did not make it so we changed to late for the duration. Here are a few more ship pictures and then I will continue this later.

cruisepictures43.jpg

Leaving Miami

147.jpg

The rest of Saturday we looked around and went to the welcome aboard show. The comedian was funny but his late night show was obscene. I can take a little dirty humor but he had no funny jokes at all that I heard. We left soon after it started. So did many others. I think we played bingo this day but mor on that later.

To be continued:

Day two Sunday

This is a day at sea so not much going on except just exploring the ship. We did eat in the dining room tonight. I had lobster and she had salmon. It was good but I have had better. The rest of the week we were so busy we just ate at the buffet. It was good food however.

Monday

We are docked at Cozumel. We had breakfast and then went into port.

We looked around at the shop as you come off the ship and then took the taxi into town and just walked around and looked. We did stop in one place for a while.

cruisepictures84.jpg

When we finished at Margaritaville we took the taxi back to the shops by the port so Joni could look at D.I. for a while. She was pretty intent to look for a new stone for her ring. I went over to the bar and drank a few coronas to ease the pain

After a while Joni came to get me and show me what she found. They even give you beer free in the jewelry store. She did pick out a new stone for her ring so I had to go back for a couple more beers. Here is the stone set in her ring that she bought.

rings-1.jpg

We went back to the ship and took a little nap and then went to dinner. WE went to the show that evening and called it a day. Of course we had the famous towel animals each night.

cruisepictures162.jpg

We are at sea again today. We are scheduled to stop in Cayman tomorrow but as you have probably read the winds were strong and we could not tender. However today we did win $75.00 at bingo. Most of the day we just hung around the ship ate and relaxed. It was a pretty rocky ride all week.

Wednesday.

Since this is a nonscheduled day at sea the Cruise director put together a new capers and had many activities set up for the day. Again we won at bingo. $120.00 this time. Our account is now down to $15.00 but the week is not over. She has shopping in mind later. They had a scavenger hunt called it's in the bag later in the day. You bring all kinds of things in a bag to the show room and they call out a list and if you have it your team gets a point. I had a suit case full of things and had nearly every thing they asked for. No prizes for this however.

Thursday:

We are in Ocho Rios today. I will post pictures of some of the sites from the port after this paragraph. We only went to a few shops near the port and did not go any where else. We bought a few shirts and things for the grand kids here. Joni wanted to buy me a ring so we went to one of the stores to look at some. I settled on a gold ring with black onyx and diamonds. You will have a hard time beating the prices in the States. Again free beer at the jewelry store.

Joni's Pick.

143.jpg

Friday and Saturday

We are at see for the rest of the cruise. I will agree that I was not addressed by name except one time when I made a purchase at a gift shop using my S&S card. Most of the staff were friendly but there enough that had attitudes that needed addressed. As far as the passengers go the majority that we spoke to were friendly. Yes there were some who need to have lessons on how to dress in the dining area. We only ate there two times but some totally ignored the dress code in there.

We packed early and went to the final show Friday. It was very good as were all the shows with the exception of the late night comedy.

We went to bed after the show and got up Saturday kind of down that the cruise was ending. It was very smooth getting off the ship. Customs was a breeze compared to the last time we came back to the States from Mexico.

There was one guy in there who would not agree. They were going through his things one item at a time very carefully.

We only have two days I was able to get the sun setting. Then we bid you good bye.

cruisepictures235.jpg

cruisepictures99.jpg

Would have posted more pictures but you can only have 6.

See you on the next cruise.

Archived