Knock Off Purses?

livin4maui

My girls love pocketbooks. We have heard that Belize sells these and are better prices than Cozumel? What brands? Has anyone seen these and how far away from port. We have a Scheduled tour for 5 hrs and not sure how much shopping time will be left.

There are a lot of purse stores right there at the cruise terminal where you get off the tender boats. The main brands I saw were Coach, Dolce & Gabana, Burberry, Prada etc. We also had a tour and not much time but right at the shops on the dock were probably 8-10 different shops with knock off designer purses, wallets, sunglasses, luggage etc. Hope this helps. (we were just there 2 weeks ago)

I don't remember seeing Brighton. We didn't have much time to shop though. We got off the boat early so we could shop before our excursion. But.... since Belize is 2 hours behind, nothing was open. They finally started opening about 20 minutes before our excursion. We had about 30 more minutes when we returned. Once my girls got their purse, we quit looking at all the purse shops. They had some other brands that I wasn't familiar with also. There is plenty of shopping right at the tender boats.

If you are looking at the pier area from where you get off the tender, the purse stores are in the building just past the Diamonds International store. There is a store on the right side of the entrance to this building that had Dolce & Gabanna, Yves St Laurent, Coach, Gucci, Doony & Burke, Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Guess. My friend bought a Coach purse for $40 in that store last Friday. It came with all of the Coach paperwork and guarantee. They also had change purses, wallets and keychains, too.

Anyone flying back into Canada, please be aware that there is a good chance of having your fake purse confiscated. I no longer carry my real Louis Vuitton when I travel because I've been asked twice about where and when I bought it.

A friend of mine had three taken away at Vancouver Airport when she came back from Mexico. One, and they will just take it away as counterfeit goods. More than one, and you could possibly be charged with importing counterfeit goods.

Viv

Anyone flying back into Canada, please be aware that there is a good chance of having your fake purse confiscated. I no longer carry my real Louis Vuitton when I travel because I've been asked twice about where and when I bought it.

A friend of mine had three taken away at Vancouver Airport when she came back from Mexico. One, and they will just take it away as counterfeit goods. More than one, and you could possibly be charged with importing counterfeit goods.

Viv

Hello my fellow neighbor!:D

Question; Were the items packed in her suitcase or was she carrying them in a shopping bag type?

Hello my fellow neighbor!:D

Question; Were the items packed in her suitcase or was she carrying them in a shopping bag type?

We were just talking about this at work today. Someone at work just brought back "Burberry" wallets for her daughters but they were so obviously fakes that the Customs guy let her through. The person I was talking about had hers in her suitcase and declared them as "purses" on her customs form. Everyone said that was stupid of her, but what are you supposed to say? Another person, who has family in Hong Kong, said her aunt got caught carrying a fake LV tote she'd had for a couple of years. Apparently they really watch when you come back from Asia.

My nieces each brought one back from Mexico when they went with us, carried them as purses they were using and had no problem at the Vancouver Airport.

I asked my DH to bring me back a LV when he went to Hong Kong a few years ago. He didn't know that I meant a fake. Plus he forgot about it. Then he got to Tokyo, saw the LV store, and remembered he said he'd buy me one. Cost him $1200. I was more than a little shocked, but had some advance warning when Visa called to say someone was in Louis Vuitton in Tokyo, trying to use our card to buy a purse!

Viv

We were just talking about this at work today. Someone at work just brought back "Burberry" wallets for her daughters but they were so obviously fakes that the Customs guy let her through. The person I was talking about had hers in her suitcase and declared them as "purses" on her customs form. Everyone said that was stupid of her, but what are you supposed to say? Another person, who has family in Hong Kong, said her aunt got caught carrying a fake LV tote she'd had for a couple of years. Apparently they really watch when you come back from Asia.

My nieces each brought one back from Mexico when they went with us, carried them as purses they were using and had no problem at the Vancouver Airport.

I asked my DH to bring me back a LV when he went to Hong Kong a few years ago. He didn't know that I meant a fake. Plus he forgot about it. Then he got to Tokyo, saw the LV store, and remembered he said he'd buy me one. Cost him $1200. I was more than a little shocked, but had some advance warning when Visa called to say someone was in Louis Vuitton in Tokyo, trying to use our card to buy a purse!

Viv

I never declare them in detail on my customs forms. Then again we always fly out of Seattle to save a bundle and then use our Nexus card to come back. We do declare the value on the declaration forms at the border but that's about it.

Your DH spent $1200? On a PURSE???? You are one lucky lady! I hope you gave him one heck of a smooch when he came home! :p

I took my DH in to a Coach store and I thought he was going to pass out when he saw the prices.....LOL!

I don't know who was more shocked, me or my DH. I didn't tell him they are cheaper in Canada than in Tokyo. I've gone to the Coach store at Tulalip a couple of times. It's a great spot to buy small gifts like key chains or contact holders for my nieces. You get the logo and it doesn't cost much.

Viv

I don't know who was more shocked, me or my DH. I didn't tell him they are cheaper in Canada than in Tokyo. I've gone to the Coach store at Tulalip a couple of times. It's a great spot to buy small gifts like key chains or contact holders for my nieces. You get the logo and it doesn't cost much.

Viv

Ooooo, I love the Tulalip Coach Outlet. :D I'm down there all the time. Actually, IMO, the Burlington one is cheaper and more selection.

I agree that they have small gifts for pretty reasonable prices.

I bought my FIRST "real" Coach item from there. :rolleyes:

Archived