Etap Hotels in London

Nymue

Hello Anne, Cant say I know them. They are shown are in Barking, London City airport and Hounslow. Barking and The City airport are over to the East of London which is served by the District and Metropolitan line undergrounds. (Not the tube) The one in Hounslow is on the Staines Road, probably the handiest for the airport and Southampton but doesnt look too convenient. I'll have a look and get back to you on this.

Jimmy

If you are looking for cheap low cost chain hotels go to the Travelodge UK web site and search under saver rates for your dates.

If you're booking well in advance there is a good chance you'll pick up a room at one of the Central London sites of Travelodge, far handier than ETAP, for between 20-50 GBP.

Barking and The City airport are over to the East of London which is served by the District and Metropolitan line undergrounds. (Not the tube)
Um, the District and Metropolitan Lines are Tube (Underground) lines.

But these do not serve City Airport. It looks like the nearest rail transport to the City Airport location is to walk to the airport itself to get the Docklands Light Railway.

The Barking location is about half a mile (as the crow flies - longer by actual roads) to Barking station, which is served by the District and Metropolitan lines.

And the Hounslow location is about a quarter of a mile from Hounslow Central station, which is served by the Piccadilly Line (another Tube line).

But, as I said, none of these locations are really in London.

Thank you all.....Jimmy I knew I could count on you ;) looks like Etap is not the way to go. We are going to be there 10 or 12 days precruise, so I'm looking for a good deal.

Anne

Go to www.travelodge.co.uk and register on their site to receive their special pricing emails. I just got an email for rooms for Feb.-April 2009 starting at 9 GBP a night. They have several locations in London.

Thank You Belle ..... that's a wonderful suggestion :D

Anne

YOu are welcome. I also got an email earlier in the year for this past summer, so summer specials are also available.

Don't forget when you get the email and they tell you the date/time the bookings open, they are referring to the time in the UK. I see you are on the east coast so you can subtract 5 hours from the time since the UK is 5 hours ahead of us.

I see they also have several locations in Dublin. We'll be stopping there for 3 nights prior to flying to London :D

Again, Thank You,

Anne

We stayed at several Travelodges in Ireland one year and they were all very clean and efficient.

You will love Dublin.

How did you get around within Dublin from there? They all list their locations, 3.5 to 4 miles from the city centre.

Do the HOHO buses go any where near?

Anne

We stayed at several Travelodges in Ireland one year and they were all very clean and efficient.

You will love Dublin.

Archived