Enchantment of the Seas 4/26/04 Single parent

I am a single mom from NC taking my daughter aged 8 and my mom 56 on this cruise. Any others out there? Anyone know the best excursions for Cozumel and Belize? I understand kids under 12 can not go tubbing. What are some of the best excursions for the Mayan ruins? I'm thinking of not booking through the cruise line. Any other single parents on this cruise? Also anyone ideas of a good place to stay in Ft Lauderdale that has free shuttle from the airport and to the port? Thanks for any advice.

Not sure if you are into adventure, but you can check out cozumelhomes.com. It is a dune buggy excursion that goes to a beach and snorkeling, inclues lunch and to some ruins to explore. I hear it is bumpy so be sure that you want to do it. You book this on your own.

We are on the Enchantment in January and are looking at the Best Western for free shuttle service from Airport and then to Port the next morning. But have not booked anything yet.

Good luck, have fun.

Disney Magic 01/10/04
Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

Have you checked around about the cave tubing? Maybe the age is 9 for going cave tubing through RCCL, but there are private tours that do the cave tubing that may be more flexible. We went cave tubing with Reggie ([url="http://www.regtours.com"]www.regtours.com[/url]) and can highly recommend him. We had a young lady with us on the tour who must have been about 8 or 9 and she did great. In addition, we had others on our tour who were in their early 60's. Everyone had a GREAT time. The biggest problem for the cave tubing for younger children is being able to carry their inner tube for the 20 - 25 minute walk to where you get in the water. In addition to Reggie, we had his assistant Timmy (who was GREAT also) and if you arrange ahead of time, maybe someone could help your daughter get her inner tube to the water????

In Cozumel, contact Chellie at eagle ray dive tours to see what she may suggest for yourself, your daughter and your mom. My son and I went on a dive tour with Chellie in Cozumel last July and I know she also does snorkling tours as well. She may have something that suits the three of yall. She's great to work with and very personable.

Steve

Lord, I was born a ramblin man . . .

Archived