Anyone had 2nd sitting and teen club on the Pacific Sun?

Lestel

Hi

I realise there are a few threads about dinners sittings and most point to booking 1st if you have teen club kids.

In my wisdom when I booked long, long ago in January I requested 2nd sitting as that seemed a much better option time wise - sunsets, sailaways, cocktail hour etc!!

I figured our 14 y/o would sometimes eat with us but probably opt for the buffet.

I have read so much over the course of the year but somehow it took until this week before I realised that Teen Club actually starts again @ 8.30pm - I had mistakenly presumed that it was always on, so missing a couple of hours for dinner wasn't a problem. I am also wrong on the buffet - the Sun doesn't seem to have an evening one!

Anyhow I have requested a change and we are now waitlisted behind 345 cabins so I figure that we are probably staying on 2nd.:eek:

Has anyone been on 2nd sitting with Teens - can it work or is it likely he will just be eating Pizza every night? Matt doesn't seem fussed but it would be nice to have him at dinner sometime!:rolleyes:

Another question for previous Sun cruisers. There is a thread about the forward viewing deck on the Dawn which mentions there is also one on the Sun. Is that the one on the Web cam or are there others. How does one access them?

Thanks for any info.

Lesley:)

Hi Lesley,

Sorry cannot help with the 1st/2nd sitting and the teen club.

You can get to front viewing deck from the Verandah Deck. Just head towards the suites, down the hallway, and go straight

through the door straight in front . You can also access this area from the outside, from the front of Lido deck (either side) and up the stairs. :)

Hope this helps....... reading this makes sense to me but I hope it does to you

hey! even though i have been a teen on all of my cruises , i have only bothered with the teen club twice[ and now i'm too old :D]. most of the activities suit the first sitting dinner- but there are plenty that are before and after dinner. they have got pizza and ice cream for the teens too for free sometimes. second sitting is the best i have found cause you can sit and watch the ship leave and you dont have to rush as much!

yay! nearly there...

When we booked our Sun cruise, we too booked 2nd sitting for the same reasons you did. First night we (myself, DH & 15yo son) attended our 2nd sitting dinner (back then the younger kids had their own sitting which the other two went to). The next morning at the teen meet & greet thing we realised that 2nd sitting was not a good choice with a teenager. We had already seen the sign on the dining room door saying "1st sitting full". We decided to go & see the Maitre'd anyway. Before we went, we asked our son if he was willing to go to dinner on his own if they could manage to get 1 seat on first sitting. He was a little aprehensive but decided that he would. We went to the maitre'd, explained the situation (telling him our teen was going to miss out on too much). He looked at the plans of both dining rooms & then said all he had was a table for 2 in the other dining room in a corner but he could put an extra place on the end. It meant that we had no other dining companions but we had to do what was best for our son.

I often wondered what our table mates from that first night thought when we never showed up again:eek:

So, even if there is a sign saying it's full......go & see him anyway. If you DON'T ask you WON'T get.....if you DO ask you MIGHT get:D.

Hope it all works out for you & you have a wonderful cruise.

Three years ago we were on the PS with three kids (two teen's) and had 2nd sitting. It didn't seem to interfer with the teen club back than, as there always seemed to be something happening for them. And yes they got so many free things to eat and drink. From pic's i've seen PS looks great all done up..........she looked great before too. Have a fun trip! Kay :)

Hi Lesley,

I picked up the latest P&O brochure today and it says 'Your Choice Dining' on both the Pacific Sun as well as the Dawn. That's anytime from 5.30pm-10pm. The first cruise in this brochure departed on 1st November so will be interesting to hear from someone on that cruise if this was the case. We leave 15th November so will let you know for sure.

Amanda (Phuket tripadvisor)

I usually book my cruises at the last minute...so always have to take 2nd sitting dinner because 1st sitting is always full. I always go and see the Maitre'd on the very first day and on my last 3 cruises I have only eaten one meal at the 2nd sitting...all others I have been moved to first.

I think you'll also find that there are a lot of people who nominate 1st sitting and realise (after the first evening) that they don't like eating dinner while the sun is still up... and they request to be swapped to 2nd seating. It seems to work perfectly and everyone usually ends up exactly where they want to be.

Lesson #1

Always read the fine print! :D:D:D

'Your Choice Dining' doesn't start untill 14th Feb 2009.

My first post on this site should be ignored :o

Amanda

Don't worry about it Amanda! We've all made similar mistakes. I hope you make many more posts on this site. :)

I see you've got your first cruise coming up in about a week! How exciting! Have a fantastic time, and if you can manage it, we'd love a review when you get back. :D

Hello Amanda

I remember you & Duncan and I guess you remember us as well with your reference to the Phuket forum!! We must have similar ideas in the holiday stakes! Hope you have a fantastic cruise and look forward to hearing all about when you return. Would certainly be much easier if there was anytime dining but never mind, I'm sure it will all be fine. What sitting are you actually on as you will be in the same situation.

Thanks for the replies everyone - will certainly go and see the Maitre'd when we board and suss it out. My son doesn't seem fussed so whatever happens we'll eat sometime!!

Is the registration for Teen Club the first night - I guess that's the important one he shouldn't miss so he meets people straight away.

Lesley:)

Thanks Jo,

I just got caught up in the excitment of it all. My husband laughed when I came home with the latest brochure, he pointed out we haven't even been on this one yet! I've been reading CC daily for quite a while now.

I think you are right Lesley, we're going to Ubud, Bali in Feb and Jane (Wells67) has been posting on the Ubud site as they're going in Jan.

We're booked for the 1st sitting. Booked this trip in March and didn't know anything about cruising then so left it all up to the TA. Dropped in on the way to work and asked her to book us on these dates and went back after work to pay deposit. If I was booking now I'd ask to be mid ship as we're near the front but wouldn't change anything else.

I read a review written by a teenager a while back and she said it was important to book in to kids clubs on the first night as that's when friendships are first formed. Our Daughter (11) is sooo excited and packing already but Tim (14) doesn't think he'll even go to his club. Trying to talk him into giving it a try.

Happy to do a review or answer any questions when we return.

Amanda :)

Teenagers what teenagers? did I bring some with me, you won't have a problem with the teen club only when they should come home. We went in September school holidays the kids only went to the club when there was something interesting but signed up on the first night and met heaps of friends there that they hanged out with, hire a walkie talkie so that you can keep track of them $10 a day but worth every cent as we lost our teenagers the first day, funny now but scary then. My teenager is still in contact with the friends she made and is planning on catching up over the school holidays

Archived