What to do in Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel

cpa62

Roatan - Tabyana Beach. Loved this beach!!! I heard that it may be owned by Carnival cruiseline, but don't know for sure :confused::confused::confused:. Read that you had to be booked through the ship to get in, but a poster said they'd gotten in and hadn't booked through the ship...so ???????

Thinking maybe Fins and Flippers this go round if unable to do Tabyana again. The snorkeling is awesome at this beautiful island :cool:.

Yippeee!

I looked at the NCL list of excursions and found out what I'd heard was wrong.... Tabyana is available through NCL. Yay!!! :cool:

Hubby and I hope to make another visit to Tabyana, that is if things stay calm on the island and NCL keeps the island on it's itinerary. My fingers are crossed :).

We booked the park and private cove for Roatan, and I am doing the Altan Hun and Olde River Belize in Belize...

I looked at the other one everyone likes, but I wanted the older ruins...

in Cozumel I booked through the Cozumel tours site... since NCL doesn't offer the cooking class... at Mr. Sancho's Beach...

yummy lunch and a margarita... plus access to the beach... looks fun.

I have ? Does anyone know which Pier NCL uses in Cozumel?

International, Punta Langosta or Puerta Maya?

I'd found this link the last time we were in Cozumel. It gives the weekly schedule for the pier assignments -- but it is only for the current week. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Arrival

For the upcoming week, the Pearl is listed as being at the Punta Langosta pier, which is where we've been both times on our Western Caribbean cruises. I'd guess that's the most likely pier -- but it could change.

By the way, we've been to Altun Ha. We enjoyed our visit there almost as much as the one to Lamanai. Our tour guides were great.

My wife and I will be going on the Pearl 1/4/09. We did the same ports last year and did cave tubing with Major Tom. Since zip lining is out of my wife's comfort zone after reading about the recent death, and I'm not one for bus rides to ruins, what has anyone done at these ports that does not involve diving or scuba that was a GREAT time?

We were wondering how the cave tubing was with Major Tom? There are a few outfits that do this activity and would love to hear your review/experience with Major Tom. I'm not a swimmer and a little nervous about this activity, also carrying the tube along the trail. Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

In Cozumel- highly reccomend Tucan- we were thrilled to have a 2 person private sail due to them honoring our reservation after others had cancelled. We had a perfect day on a perfect boat. All the folks at Tucan could not have been more hospitable. We fished, ate, snorkled, tanned and consumed an adult beverage or two. Viva La Tucan.

Two visits to Angela's Sante Wellness Center in Roatan- nuff said.

We enjoyed Cave tubing in Belize. It is a bit of work with the hour drive and the 45 minute hike but it was a wonderful experience.

Belize: Any of the Mayan Ruins would be a good choice. I'd suggest Xunantunich, but although El Castillo made the trip worthwhile, it was a terribly long bus ride.

100_1373.jpg

Also Bannister Island is a nice option for a beach day. There are facilities for food and drink, floats for in the water, etc. The water is quite shallow though.

100_2136.jpg

Roatan: We've only been there once, but went to Tabyanna Beach through an NCL excursion and fell in love with it. The property surrounding the beach is completely shaded with palms and soft sand underfoot. There's food and beverage facilities as well. Plenty of lounge chairs and the water is so clear and just gorgeous!

100_1403.jpg

Cozumel: So much to do! I second (or third LOL!) going to Nachi Coum. We've typically spent our day at Paradise Beach (Tom is an excellent host), but Nachi tops them hands down. Sure it's $49/pp to get in, but you would easily spend the same if not more at a place like Paradise if you plan on eating and drinking while you're there. Plus the fact that they limit the number of people keeps the crowds down compared to other beaches.

The lunch is appetizer, soup/salad, main entree and dessert. Drinks are basically bottomless. No sooner did we finish 1/2 our drink and another was being served. Beautiful facilities and great hospitality!

100_0395e.jpg

100_0397.jpg

If you're feeling adventurous and want to do something in addition to going to the beach, try helmet diving! Lots of fun!

IMG_0900.jpg

We were at those three places in September. We did cave tubing in Belize, shopped and then stopped at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel, and went to Fins and Flippers in Roatan.

I can't recommend Fins and Flippers highly enough. It was a 4 minute boat ride from the pier. The island was beautiful. Cindy, the manager, was fantastic! The pool was refreshing, and from what I was told, the snorkeling was killer. We spent about 4 hours just hanging out, sitting on the beach, or floating on my float in the water. At one point my BF said he felt like he was sitting in his own private Corona commercial. High praise indeed!

One of our all time favorite cruise destinations so far!

Silc

Fins and Flippers sounds awesome we are doing that. Is that through NCL or private?

Thanks,

Lisa and Mike

We are doing this itinerary on the Pearl at the end of the month.

Roatan: Fins and Flippers beach day - it gets great reviews

Bellize: Bannister Island (through NCL just so we don't have to tender)

Cozumel: private charter of the Tucan sailing adventure (it gets great reviews and is usually open for individual bookings)

Hi want to book Bannister Island what is it listed under on NCL? I don't see it but see a beach break that you tender for. When you say don't have to tender do you go right off ship to a boat to the island?

Hi want to book Bannister Island what is it listed under on NCL? I don't see it but see a beach break that you tender for. When you say don't have to tender do you go right off ship to a boat to the island?

Beach Break is the excursion. Yes, you will be picked up at the ship and taken right to the island, rather than tender ashore first.

We had a wonderful time in Roatan when we were on Carnival Valor, it was the highlight of our trip! The Spirit doesn't go to Roatan, but if I could I would gladly swap Belize with Roatan. We did an excursion through Carn in Belize and it was terrible. I'm sure Altun Ha was a beautiful ruin, but we spent some much wasted time getting there, I was wiped out, and we ran out of time and got to spend less than a half hour there. Then another long bus ride back to the ship just in time to make it onto the tenders that were running late because everyone was late. I plan on just finding a quiet beach to lounge on when we're on the Spirit. My sil and I just did a little shopping while in Cozumel, but dh and his brother went diving and had a wonderful tour.

I posted some on my cruise blog here http://cruise-girl.blogspot.com/ You'll have a wonderful time no matter what!

Just got home from pearl west. WE cave tubed in Belize. loved it but was a little cold for me and 13yr old. Did not get off in Honduras (did not feel safe ). and we love cozumel state park (spelling??) Chankanabb-- just take a cab $15 both ways. there is a pool, dolphin swim, snorkel, botanical gardens, and small beach area, --kids loved all the iguanas.

Archived