It's almost time!!

ChrissySDMT

Wow... I can't believe it! After 2 years of planning, and waiting (and waiting), tomorrow is the day that we leave! We're off to FLL first, then we board the Crown Princess on Sunday (November 9th).

On the Thursday, the 13th, we are getting married in St. Thomas. I am getting sooo excited! We have 40 people sailing with us, so it's going to be great! :D

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to post a full review, and maybe some pictures, when we get back!

How exciting!!! I am also getting married in St. Thomas. What beach are you getting married at? Are you using TWE or a private WC?

Fantastic! We're actually getting married at St. Peter's Greathouse. It's a beautiful location, and we're getting married on a deck that's 1000ft about the ocean. However, we'll be doing pictures there, and then around town, and hopefully a beach. I'll let you know where we go once I get back. What beach are you getting married at?

We went through Weddings the Island Way, and so far they've been wonderful! Who are you using?

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to post a full review, and maybe some pictures, when we get back!

Fantastic! We're actually getting married at St. Peter's Greathouse. It's a beautiful location, and we're getting married on a deck that's 1000ft about the ocean. However, we'll be doing pictures there, and then around town, and hopefully a beach. I'll let you know where we go once I get back. What beach are you getting married at?

We went through Weddings the Island Way, and so far they've been wonderful! Who are you using?

Oh I have heard alot of positive reviews about them! I am using Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas and getting married at Bluebeard's Beach. I have seen pictures of St. Peter's Greathouse and it looks beautiful!! one other random question, are you doing your own makeup, getting it done at the salon on the ship, or getting it done somewhere in St. Thomas? I can't decide what to do. I am afraid I won't have time to get it done somewhere on the island before the ceremony, but I don't feel confident in doing it myself, but I am also not terribly confident about having someone at the ship's salon do it either:confused: My MOH is also a hairdresser so she is doing my hair, but make-up isn't really a specialty of hers. Just wondering what you are doing:)

That sounds fabulous!!! Have you been to St. Thomas before? Everywhere you go it's beautiful :)

As for makeup... I'm planning on getting it done at the salon on the ship, but am bringing along my own makeup just in case. I've heard rumours that some Princess ships don't do makeup on board! I can't book an appointment or find out more info until I'm aboard the ship, so I'm hoping to make a hair and makeup appointment for the morning of the wedding. I definitely wouldn't have time to get my makeup done in St. Thomas. Not sure on what your timeline is, but our day will already be very rushed :(.

That's great that your MOH can do your hair! What ship are you sailing on?

We will be on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas. We have never been to St. Thomas before. I have only seen pictures of weddings that my WC has done at my ceremony location, so I am just crossing my fingers that everything turns out ok. We are scheduled to dock at 8am and the ceremony is at 11am. We are getting legally married ahead of time, so I don't have to worry about getting to the courthouse or anything. But I still don't want to feel rushed, especially if the ship ends up docking late for any reason. I don't even know if RC ships do make-up or not. If I can get a trial done a few days before at the salon, I may do that. I am not sure what is worse, trying to do my own make-up for such a big day or trusting someone else to do it!

Anne - that is awesome! There is at least one more bride, on the Tuesday, that I know of. This will be great fun!

Oh good, you saw my post! I figured you may have left already. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Ft. Lauderdale! Where are you getting married in St. Thomas? We were married on Bolongo Bay beach. It was deserted there and a beautiful day- pretty much perfect!

Enjoy every moment! I know my entire wedding week was one of the best of my life!

Oh good, you saw my post! I figured you may have left already. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Ft. Lauderdale! Where are you getting married in St. Thomas? We were married on Bolongo Bay beach. It was deserted there and a beautiful day- pretty much perfect!

Enjoy every moment! I know my entire wedding week was one of the best of my life!

yep! We don't leave until later on tonight, then arrive in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow at about noon. I can't wait!!!

We're getting married at St. Peter's Greathouse, it's going be so beautiful! Then we're doing pictures all around St. Thomas, not too sure where yet. I left that up to the photographer :).

See you on Sunday!!!

Just wanted to whish you all good luck with your weedings in St Thomas. The island is sooo beauitful and perfect for a wedding.

We are getting married Jan 2010 at Emerald Beach. We saw a weeding there last year while we were there and fell in love with it!!!!!!!!

Enjoy every minute of the day or for ones of you the week. Can't wait to hear your reviews!!!!!! :)

Archived