Benefit/Offer Combination Chart

Here ya go.......It's in a box right above the FAQs. You can't miss it.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Have no idea how they are going to handle Senior, Resident or Military discounts. I don't think they know themselves.:(

Oops......

Patty,

I don't know how I could have missed that........LOL I must have just clicked on #6 about combinability and didn't notice the box.

What gets me mad is that the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount was never anything we had to ask for or choose........it was an automatic discount that they just went ahead and applied and now it's like we'd have to choose. Just really doesn't sit well with me. If your Diamond or Diamond plus, of course people would choose the balcony discount if they're booking a balcony or higher since that's the best out of any of the discounts! I just think that they should still allow at least 1 OBC as well. They're 2 different things.

I think I'll send them a letter just letting them know how I feel about it, not that my one letter will matter. What will matter is their reduced bookings.

Patty

What gets me mad is that the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount was never anything we had to ask for or choose........it was an automatic discount that they just went ahead and applied and now it's like we'd have to choose. Just really doesn't sit well with me. If your Diamond or Diamond plus, of course people would choose the balcony discount if they're booking a balcony or higher since that's the best out of any of the discounts! I just think that they should still allow at least 1 OBC as well. They're 2 different things.

I think I'll send them a letter just letting them know how I feel about it, not that my one letter will matter. What will matter is their reduced bookings.

Patty

Totally agree with your viewpoint in this post, and I know of two more letters RCI will receive very soon. Time will definitely 'tell the tale', but I think they have cut off their noses to spite their faces in an unstable economy because of greed instead of healthy profit margins. Short term, we suffer the consequences of their actions, yet I hope this does indeed come back to haunt them where it hurts the most, their bottom line.

I think they are confussed to. We were on board AOS two weeks ago, and were informed by the Loyalty Amb. that it was a case of choose between OBC from a future cruise, or Shareholder, there was nothing said about not being able to combine D or D+ with either of those two, you could choose which one you wanted on any bookings you had outstanding.

My DH and I have our cruises booked thru Feb 2010, all of which have confirmed credit for D+, shareholder and OB. we were informed by the Shareholder Benefit Office to submit all our bookings to them before 12/31/08.:) They were extremely helpful and from reading other posters comments. getting everything processed as fast as they could.

Here ya go.......It's in a box right above the FAQs. You can't miss it.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Have no idea how they are going to handle Senior, Resident or Military discounts. I don't think they know themselves.:(

Patty, I'm still confused. The link you posted refers to the shareholder benefit only. Where has RCI made the same statement regarding Balcony Discounts?

Sorry to be a pest!:o

Totally agree with your viewpoint in this post, and I know of two more letters RCI will receive very soon. Time will definitely 'tell the tale', but I think they have cut off their noses to spite their faces in an unstable economy because of greed instead of healthy profit margins. Short term, we suffer the consequences of their actions, yet I hope this does indeed come back to haunt them where it hurts the most, their bottom line.

LOL........well hope their bottom line doesn't bottom out to much more.....LOL We do have stock that we purchased last January and we haven't even used any of the stock OBC yet but did get it applied to our next cruise. Since we purchased it in January when I thought it was a good price, we're already down more than 2/3 of our initial investment (yeah, our loses could have paid for another cruise), so I'm hoping it will rebound over the next few years. I just think what they are doing is not helping their bottom line.

Patty

Patty, I'm still confused. The link you posted refers to the shareholder benefit only. Where has RCI made the same statement regarding Balcony Discounts?

Sorry to be a pest!:o

No problem..............it reads in the box

"Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming".

I would consider that the P/D/D+ balcony discounts fall under Loyalty Programs.........but I could be wrong.

And you are not a pest.;):D

No problem..............it reads in the box

"Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming".

I would consider that the P/D/D+ balcony discounts fall under Loyalty Programs.........but I could be wrong.

And you are not a pest.;):D

Thanks Patty, I understand this but I not sure I agree that "Loyalty Program" means C & A coupons and Balcony Discounts. C & A coupons are clearly a "Reduced Fare Offering". Does a Balcony discount for loyal cruisers qualify as a "Reduced Fare Offering?" In fact, in the past RCI has made the distinction between the two as offer(C&A coupon) versus benefit (Balcony Discount).

Having said all that, I can't find any wording whereby RCI has stated that a Balcony Discount specifically cannot be combined with anything else.

Ok, now that I've got your head spinning....................:eek:

Thanks Patty, I understand this but I not sure I agree that "Loyalty Program" means C & A coupons and Balcony Discounts. C & A coupons are clearly a "Reduced Fare Offering". Does a Balcony discount for loyal cruisers qualify as a "Reduced Fare Offering?" In fact, in the past RCI has made the distinction between the two as offer(C&A coupon) versus benefit (Balcony Discount).

Having said all that, I can't find any wording whereby RCI has stated that a Balcony Discount specifically cannot be combined with anything else.

Ok, now that I've got your head spinning....................:eek:

I guess it's all a matter of interpretation.:(

I guess it's all a matter of interpretation.:(

As I mentioned before, the LA on the Vision said that "Loyalty Program" = "Platinum/Diamond Balcony Discount." I would think that the LA would know ... but then again ... :rolleyes:

I used to tell people: The smartest thing that the cruise lines came up with was the Loyalty Program. Why would I cruise on other cruise lines, when it would eliminate 1 (or more) cruise credits from moving me up the Loyalty Food Chain with Royal Caribbean? Now ... I'm thinking that it's a good time to look at other lines. I can promise you that I would have NEVER considered doing that, but for these changes.

I have 34 cruise credits w/ RCI ... and not a one with any other cruise line. I can also promise you that, by the end of 2009, that will change. Too bad for RCI. What happens if I like Princess or MSC or (fill in the blank) better? :rolleyes:

As I've said before, CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) preaches that it costs the cruise line 5-6x more to get new customers, than to keep a repeat customer. Someone at RCI needs to go back to Marketing School!

As I mentioned before, the LA on the Vision said that "Loyalty Program" = "Platinum/Diamond Balcony Discount." I would think that the LA would know ... but then again ... :rolleyes:

I used to tell people: The smartest thing that the cruise lines came up with was the Loyalty Program. Why would I cruise on other cruise lines, when it would eliminate 1 (or more) cruise credits from moving me up the Loyalty Food Chain with Royal Caribbean? Now ... I'm thinking that it's a good time to look at other lines. I can promise you that I would have NEVER considered doing that, but for these changes.

I have 34 cruise credits w/ RCI ... and not a one with any other cruise line. I can also promise you that, by the end of 2009, that will change. Too bad for RCI. What happens if I like Princess or MSC or (fill in the blank) better? :rolleyes:

As I've said before, CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) preaches that it costs the cruise line 5-6x more to get new customers, than to keep a repeat customer. Someone at RCI needs to go back to Marketing School!

I think we need a good lawyer to handle our case..............wanna volunteer!:D

I think we need a good lawyer to handle our case..............wanna volunteer!:D

Trust me, I got NOWHERE when RCI decided to "re-purpose" the Mariner Members Cruise 10 months after designating it as a Members Cruise. I was just asking that they put us back to where we were, when we accepted the offer of booking a Members Cruise (i.e., allow us to transfer to another cruise at the fuel supplement level we were when we booked the Members Cruise). I got a big fat goose egg on that. :mad:

I guess it's all a matter of interpretation.

The only fact we have to go on at this point is what the restrictions of Shareholder benefit are, not the balcony discount. No where have I read you can't use a Next Cruise with a balcony discount.

We got off the Jewel a week ago and the LA told us the issue is combining the shareholder with next cruise OBC. She never mentioned balcony discounts, so who knows?:rolleyes::(:eek: Lets keep are fingers crossed.;)

I wish I had never heard of NextCruise...............:(

Me TWO...and I'm thankful that I only have one NC to try and unload before the 31st of December. Got a negative from my sister tonight; her hubby won't sail longer than 4 nights :eek: Glad the weather has cooled down here in Arizona, as I may be out on a street corner with a cardboard sign trying to get someone interested to book the same cruise. :(

Hi All:

Just some information you may or may not know. I am sailing 1/31/09. I purchased 100 shares of RCL ($13.09, not so bad) a month or so ago.

1. If you book your cruise before 12/31/08 I was told by the TA (who checked with RCL) the obc would be given for share ownership, even with other obc's. (you can only hope that the same answer is given to all) so I will get $100. obc for stock. I used a C&A certificate and also have a obc from the TA for booking during an expo. So, it seems they are all going to be combinable. We shall see. I don't know if there is something I can get to show all of this on paper.

2. For my cruise, they will decide on 12/18/08 if they will refund the fuel charges (as an obc). If the price of fuel is $65.00 or less a barrell they will do that. If above that $$ nothing.

So, I have not tried to figure out the ins and outs of what is or is not combinable, at least for this cruise, I should get everything.

Have a great day!

Marianne

Thanks Patty, I'll stop driving you nuts with my questions!!!:) Now are you sure I'm not a pest?;):):p

Kathryn, the only way we learn is to ask questions. Problem is that answers used to be cut and dry............not any more. And you are definitely not a pest.

Me TWO...and I'm thankful that I only have one NC to try and unload before the 31st of December. Got a negative from my sister tonight; her hubby won't sail longer than 4 nights :eek: Glad the weather has cooled down here in Arizona, as I may be out on a street corner with a cardboard sign trying to get someone interested to book the same cruise. :(

I have four to use.

Want some snow?

Hi All:

Just some information you may or may not know. I am sailing 1/31/09. I purchased 100 shares of RCL ($13.09, not so bad) a month or so ago.

1. If you book your cruise before 12/31/08 I was told by the TA (who checked with RCL) the obc would be given for share ownership, even with other obc's. (you can only hope that the same answer is given to all) so I will get $100. obc for stock. I used a C&A certificate and also have a obc from the TA for booking during an expo. So, it seems they are all going to be combinable. We shall see. I don't know if there is something I can get to show all of this on paper.

2. For my cruise, they will decide on 12/18/08 if they will refund the fuel charges (as an obc). If the price of fuel is $65.00 or less a barrell they will do that. If above that $$ nothing.

So, I have not tried to figure out the ins and outs of what is or is not combinable, at least for this cruise, I should get everything.

Have a great day!

Marianne

Have your TA request the booking invoice from RCL, and have the TA send you a copy. All current OBC's and discounts are listed on there. For example, stockholder OBC has a code like SB05, On Board booking credit has a code like ADV2. Balcony discount has a code like D300. All depending on length of cruise, of course. Print this out, take with you to cruise to verify your amounts.

Just curious, and I may have missed it in reading all of the other posts in this thread, but how does this all effect on-board credits issued by a travel agent when booking a cruise?

OBC from a T/A is not something RC gave you. Therefore they are not affected with combining any of RC's bonus's, benefits, etc. You can still qualify for ONE of them after 12/31/08.

On another note, I have all my future cruise's confirmed with D Balcony discount, Stockholder OBC, NC OBC, etc. and if for some reason I do not receive them, RC can kiss my A$$ in Mc'Donald's FRONT WINDOW!:)

On another note, I have all my future cruise's confirmed with D Balcony discount, Stockholder OBC, NC OBC, etc. and if for some reason I do not receive them, RC can kiss my A$$ in Mc'Donald's FRONT WINDOW!:)

NOW that is something that would be worth the price of admission, LOL! Good one!

OBC from a T/A is not something RC gave you. Therefore they are not affected with combining any of RC's bonus's, benefits, etc. You can still qualify for ONE of them after 12/31/08.

ROFL.............priceless!:p

Kathryn, the only way we learn is to ask questions. Problem is that answers used to be cut and dry............not any more. And you are definitely not a pest.

Thank you Patty, you're very kind!!!:)

I think they are confussed to. We were on board AOS two weeks ago, and were informed by the Loyalty Amb. that it was a case of choose between OBC from a future cruise, or Shareholder, there was nothing said about not being able to combine D or D+ with either of those two, you could choose which one you wanted on any bookings you had outstanding.

Sorry I missed this post yesterday. This is exactly what we were told by the LA, Inga, on the Jewel 1 1/2 weeks ago. :eek: The conversation probably took place after this thread was started.

Archived