Trouble with OBC

jamon

Recently I read where someone had some problem with getting their OBC once onboard the ship and were told to contact their TA to resolve. I recently booked through NCL at their site and received an OBC which is noted on my reservation, and was wondering if anyone has had any problems getting this, especially if you booked directly with NCL. Getting the OBC was a big reason why I booked with them. Any thoughts?

Recently I read where someone had some problem with getting their OBC once onboard the ship and were told to contact their TA to resolve. I recently booked through NCL at their site and received an OBC which is noted on my reservation, and was wondering if anyone has had any problems getting this, especially if you booked directly with NCL. Getting the OBC was a big reason why I booked with them. Any thoughts?

If its on your resevation / booking confirmation , you are fine . Make sure you take it with you ..

You want to make sure to take your confirmation from NCL "just in case". We have often had OBC's on our cruises and have never had a problem. If you want to double-check, go to the guest services desk and ask for a copy of your onboard statement either late evening of embarkation or first thing in the AM on the first sea day.

Our onboard credits (for 3 separate staterooms) came in the form of two $25 credit vouchers found in each room. As per the directions on the form, I simply signed the forms and gave them to the room steward. And on the last morning, there they were on our final billing statement.

on our 2007 cruise we had received an OBC directly from NCl.

We booked w/ them too.

BECAUSE on the letter they sent me they spelled my last name wrong it didn't get credited until the end of the cruise BUT it did get credited.

They made a copy of it and had to contact Miami , their headquarters to straighten it out. They took care of it for me.

just make certain you take the paper work with you, normally there are not problems, but with all the bon voyage gifts ordered, bar set ups, special this, special that, anything can happen..

NIta

I was on the Sky a few weeks ago and we had a problem with our OBC. Being a first time cruiser, it didn't dawn on me to check with the desk to make sure I had received the credit at the beginning of the cruise. I booked through an online TA, and I did have a printed reservation confirmation that showed where DH and I were supposed to have the credit. The person at the desk was very nice and told me it was too late for them to call the TA at that point but if I called the agency when I got home, they should be able to straighten it out. So I called the agency when I got home and was told the opposite. I called NCL, and I keep getting the flip-flop story. It wasn't much and we didn't spend much, but it is still something lol. So lesson learned...next time if we are supposed to have OBC, I will check with the desk as soon as we board the ship.

I was on the Sky a few weeks ago and we had a problem with our OBC. Being a first time cruiser, it didn't dawn on me to check with the desk to make sure I had received the credit at the beginning of the cruise. I booked through an online TA, and I did have a printed reservation confirmation that showed where DH and I were supposed to have the credit. The person at the desk was very nice and told me it was too late for them to call the TA at that point but if I called the agency when I got home, they should be able to straighten it out. So I called the agency when I got home and was told the opposite. I called NCL, and I keep getting the flip-flop story. It wasn't much and we didn't spend much, but it is still something lol. So lesson learned...next time if we are supposed to have OBC, I will check with the desk as soon as we board the ship.

We had trouble with one last year, both OBC and bar set up. It wasn't on NCL, thank goodness I did have all my paper work, eventually we got it all straightened out.

Nita

Had the same exact problem. We tried to resolve it onboard and were told to wait till we got home and contact our TA. After song and dances, decided to just give up in order not to sour the whole experience. Only $100 but it's still just the point though. Might find a new TA.

I have found that it is not nearly a rare of an occurance as it should be. Ours has been messed up nearly everytime we cruise NCL. It's never been too much money to begin with, but it is always either missing or the wrong amount when we've cruised NCL.

Like I said its never been that much maybe $25-50 but it would be nice if they could get it right, so you don't have to go down there and straighten it out. But the other posters are right on. Make sure your TA has noted the amount of OBC you are entitled to on your invoice, and be sure bring it with you, just in case.

I booked through an online agency and had the same thing happen. I never bothered to check when I boarded and on our last sea day decided to get a copy of my bill. The credit of $100 was not there. I was told by the person at the onboard credit desk that it was too late to contact my TA but I should contact them upon my return, I emailed the company as soon as I returned and about a month later, I received a check from them for the amount of the credit.

Happened twice through the same agency. In the end I received a check both times.

Last year we booked with NCL on the Star and received a OBC. I did not think much about it until we finished the cruise and received the final bill. No OBC was listed. I emailed NCL and it took a few months and several phone calls to get it corrected. They issued a credit to my credit card.

Take your paperwork with you and check your onboard ship account a day after you sail. If it is not listed they should be able to correct it.

I have been on the phone with NCL all day- my OBC from my origianl booking is "missing"- we have paid an arm, leg and spleen for a New Years's CV for the 5 of us, and I expect my dinky OBC. Since I booked while on my last cruise onboard the ship, the reservation shows a "code"as opposed to spelling out OBC specifically.

So get on the phone if you have any doubts- our OBC will pay for a bar set up and a spa visit or 2- nothing much, but it is still MINE!

Thanks you

Kathy

I am looking at booking with a huge online TA. It advertises $75 per cabin OBC. Should this show on my invoice from them? If it does not make it onboard, do I pursue them or NCL? We have 2 cabins, so it does add up.

I had 2 cabins on hold with another big company and the email ressie did not show the OBC. I called and asked them to add it to the invoice. They said it did not apply to my rate. The computer showed it and we discussed it when I made the hold. I think people are not neccessariy honest when they are selling these cruises. Buyer beware.

We are booked with our regular TA, not an on line one. So far due to sales promo last month and the lattitudes promo we have $600.00 OBC, if the fuel surcharge is dropped thats an extra, Our TA deals direct with NCL and confirmed these OBC and has faxes to that effect. Since these are coming direct from NCL, should I be concerned, anyone else out there is the same "boat"?

Ok.. this is going to probably sound like a stupid question, but if you book through a TA, do you still go to NCL's website and download and print your Edocs or are they mailed to you from the TA? The reason I am asking is out of four NCL cruises we have had OBC two or three times and it always showed on our actual Edocs. I would think if you got onboard with your Edocs and it showed you were supposed to have a OBC and they didn't have your stateroom credited with it, they would have a tough time telling you to deal with it when you get back home. I would think if it showed on their actual Edoc they would have to give you the OBC right then and there.

Had the same exact problem. We tried to resolve it onboard and were told to wait till we got home and contact our TA. After song and dances, decided to just give up in order not to sour the whole experience. Only $100 but it's still just the point though. Might find a new TA.

We had the same problem kind of.... We booked with a online travel agency that ends with ia and after receiving confirmation that we were eligible for $100 OBC a few weeks later we received an email stating we weren't eligible because it was the lowest price. I wasn't happy but what can you do?

I called NCL to verify that our OBC was noted in their paperwork for our reservation. I am still taking a copy of our reservation that was booked thru an online agency when we cruise AND I took the name of the customer services rep that stated she did see our OBC in our reservation.

We had the same problem kind of.... We booked with a online travel agency that ends with ia and after receiving confirmation that we were eligible for $100 OBC a few weeks later we received an email stating we weren't eligible because it was the lowest price. I wasn't happy but what can you do?

Actually I think that was kind of crappy of them. They could have at least found something to do for you if the took away the OBC. It's not like they are a small time business.. if it is the one I'm thinking of, beginning with an Exp.

Archived