What is $100 per guest???

FinelyCruising

I asked this question n another thread and did not learn what the Single Asterisk of only $100 per guest means....anyone know???

When I booked onboard they told me I could pay $100 for one person and leave the 2nd person off the booking until later, or pay $200 for both people to be on the booking. It was kind of no brainer, because the OBC is paid per cabin.:rolleyes:

When I booked onboard they told me I could pay $100 for one person and leave the 2nd person off the booking until later, or pay $200 for both people to be on the booking. It was kind of no brainer, because the OBC is paid per cabin.:rolleyes:

I get that....the link is geared toward TA's, so the question was to those in the know on that side, or others on these boards who wear a non-passenger hat...

• The new booking is in your hands.

• Allows you to “sell up” to earn higher commissions on the new booking.

• Selling up allows your customer to earn a greater Onboard Credit benefits with the higher purchases.

• Your agency receives full commission and revenue credit once the Celebrity Passage has been processed.

• You may move a Celebrity Passages booking into a group and retain the Onboard Cruise benefit for your guest.

The question remains to the cruise guest: What does the $100 get ME?

It does NOT indicate it cannot be combined.

I get that....the link is geared toward TA's, so the question was to those in the know on that side, or others on these boards who wear a non-passenger hat...

• The new booking is in your hands.

• Allows you to “sell up” to earn higher commissions on the new booking.

• Selling up allows your customer to earn a greater Onboard Credit benefits with the higher purchases.

• Your agency receives full commission and revenue credit once the Celebrity Passage has been processed.

• You may move a Celebrity Passages booking into a group and retain the Onboard Cruise benefit for your guest.

The question remains to the cruise guest: What does the $100 get ME?

It does NOT indicate it cannot be combined.

It gets you an onboard credit of between $50 - $300 you would not be offered if you booked your next cruise on land.

I am not too sure when this OBC goes into effect, but I am pretty sure it occurs to me that it should read that the offer is not combined with any other offer if that is the plan by the cruise line.

Some of the rest of us are sick of the surprises of fine print afterthought.:cool:

The shareholder benefits right now cannot be combined but that could easily change in the future. Is it worth plunking down $100 just in case I can get a $150 OBC in addition to the shareholder's OBC which may or may not be offered when I use the Passages certificate (and if there is no shareholder benefits in effect when I take my next cruise, then I run the risk of losing the Passages OBC unless I buy in now--Catch-22)?

This program might make plenty of sense for those who don't also get shareholder benefits.

Right now there are too many ifs in the program to make it attractive for me--therefore I will keep my money in my pocket and not gamble on the future.

The $100 is a deposit and will be applied to the eventual booking you make. The OBC has nothing to do with the $100 and is on again-off again as to being able to be combined with other cruise-line provided credits.

I have two of the things now and those won't be used until 2010 so I won't be buying anymore unless I get a guarantee in writing that there is a substantial benefit that won't be turned on and off at the whim of someone in accounting.

I don't even follow whether or not the credit can be combined with the shareholder credit (it could change 4 or 5 times between now and when we finally book our next cruise, so why get all upset?). The SH credit is so much higher and the best I can hope for under their latest "benefit" table is $150 (and more often only $100) due to the cabin type and itineraries we usually take so it's hardly worth my time and aggravation if I don't even know if I will get anything for putting up with it.

If you have stock, you run the risk of getting no OBC for booking in advance, but the $100 will be applied so you don't lose that - just any interest it might have earned (like I'm going to put $100 in a money market account and earn $2-3/year).

They should allow the two OBC's but take the lower one and make it only $50.

That way you would get something and everyone would be happy.

So on a 7 day you could get $150 in total.

$100 of either the early on ship booking or the $100 on stock ownership.

The the additional $50 from the other.

Line wins - you win.....

The $100 is a deposit and will be applied to the eventual booking you make. The OBC has nothing to do with the $100 and is on again-off again as to being able to be combined with other cruise-line provided credits.

I have two of the things now and those won't be used until 2010 so I won't be buying anymore unless I get a guarantee in writing that there is a substantial benefit that won't be turned on and off at the whim of someone in accounting.

I don't even follow whether or not the credit can be combined with the shareholder credit (it could change 4 or 5 times between now and when we finally book our next cruise, so why get all upset?). The SH credit is so much higher and the best I can hope for under their latest "benefit" table is $150 (and more often only $100) due to the cabin type and itineraries we usually take so it's hardly worth my time and aggravation if I don't even know if I will get anything for putting up with it.

If you have stock, you run the risk of getting no OBC for booking in advance, but the $100 will be applied so you don't lose that - just any interest it might have earned (like I'm going to put $100 in a money market account and earn $2-3/year).

Bob you have far more patience than I do with the minute to minute changes. ;)

Archived