Will NCL keep a ship at the Charleston, SC port?

momofmeg

Nothing's been said formally, but in talking with a NCL rep., he stated they were working on getting a ship there. I know we can't count on that as being true. The Mercury already has sailing's you can book now. At least there will be an option.

Nothing's been said formally, but in talking with a NCL rep., he stated they were working on getting a ship there. I know we can't count on that as being true. The Mercury already has sailing's you can book now. At least there will be an option.

I would love to do a Bermuda cruise again but not staying in a 140 square foot stateroom. As far as I can tell, the Mercury is not offering cruises to Berrmuda. so I hope NCL leaves a ship there to do Bermuda cruises-I wonder when summer 2010 cruise schedule will come out.

I would love to do a Bermuda cruise again but not staying in a 140 square foot stateroom. As far as I can tell, the Mercury is not offering cruises to Berrmuda. so I hope NCL leaves a ship there to do Bermuda cruises-I wonder when summer 2010 cruise schedule will come out.

Yes.. the Mercury cruises are at least 10 days to Eastern and Western Caribbean. I believe NCL releases their cruise schedule for the next year in March of the previous year. I really believe NCL will put a ship there, and I can't wait to cruise in a balcony!!

Yes.. the Mercury cruises are at least 10 days to Eastern and Western Caribbean. I believe NCL releases their cruise schedule for the next year in March of the previous year. I really believe NCL will put a ship there, and I can't wait to cruise in a balcony!!

The Celebrity Mercury schedules only go through early April 2010-so they could possibly do a Bermuda cruise. I could not find where the ship is repositioned in April 2010-it is just not scheduled yet. I just wish SOMEONE would go! I am not even sure if I would want to cruise the Mercury as I have read bad posts about her.

The Celebrity Mercury schedules only go through early April 2010-so they could possibly do a Bermuda cruise. I could not find where the ship is repositioned in April 2010-it is just not scheduled yet. I just wish SOMEONE would go! I am not even sure if I would want to cruise the Mercury as I have read bad posts about her.

I hear ya.. What I wouldn't look forward to is the set dining time, forced to eat with a specific group EVERY night, and formal nights. But since we can drive to the port, I don't see us paying for a plane ticket to avoid those things. Driving allots us the ability to cruise once a year.

You misunerstood me- I don't mind assigned tablemates and we have switched our dinnertime whenever we needed. On the Connie last year, twice because of late excurisons we ate on the lido and had room service. another night we went to th especlaity restaurant.

We have done 14 cruises, 13 with assigned dinning, and once once did we dislike our tablemates. Back, when we were brand new to crusing, we liked having tablemates that were seasoned travelers as they gave us many good pointers.

I meant the SHIP is considered not great-sort've like what many say about the Majesty.

You misunerstood me- I don't mind assigned tablemates and we have switched our dinnertime whenever we needed. On the Connie last year, twice because of late excurisons we ate on the lido and had room service. another night we went to th especlaity restaurant.

We have done 14 cruises, 13 with assigned dinning, and once once did we dislike our tablemates. Back, when we were brand new to crusing, we liked having tablemates that were seasoned travelers as they gave us many good pointers.

I meant the SHIP is considered not great-sort've like what many say about the Majesty.

I gotcha the first time... I was just adding on by stating what I wouldn't look forward to. I've had set table assignments too, I prefer freestyle where I can choose who I dine with.. sometimes with a group, sometimes just DH.

I gotcha the first time... I was just adding on by stating what I wouldn't look forward to. I've had set table assignments too, I prefer freestyle where I can choose who I dine with.. sometimes with a group, sometimes just DH.

I "go with the flow". I actually enjoy cruising differant lines. I embrace the differances. Since my next crusei is on NCL, I am looking forward to trying out all of their restaurants.

I "go with the flow". I actually enjoy cruising differant lines. I embrace the differances. Since my next crusei is on NCL, I am looking forward to trying out all of their restaurants.

When are you cruising, and what ship?

When are you cruising, and what ship?

The Pearl. We ALMOST booked the Majesty Bermuda this past May but we went on HAL to the caribbean instead in April. I did feel I wanted to take my first NCL cruise on a newer ship to give NCL a " fair shake"-if I enjoy it-I may book the Majesty this upcoming May.

Unless I found out, if I wait a year,I can go on a better ship.

Archived