Any thoughts on the After the Glaciers Cruise out of NY

karen116

Anyone have any thoughts on this new cruise just added out of NYC:

After the Glaciers is Where Your Fun Begins!

Experience some of the most beautiful scenery south of Alaska on Carnival's new

9 day "Quebec -- After the Glaciers" cruise from New York. Wonder, wildlife and clear water surround you as you sail aboard Carnival Triumph and along the awe-inspiring scenery carved out by glaciers as they moved towards the sea. This unique itinerary features stops in the historic ports of Quebec City, Baie-Comeau

I've never sailed on the Triumph and was wondering how it compared to the Miracle. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Beware of the North Atlantic....just experienced a freaky storm with 25 foot waves sailing out of Philadelphia. I have heard the scenery on this itinerary is great.

Triumph is a different class of ships, but will always be my favorite.

I believe a fair amount of time is spent in the St. Lawrence river, so you shouldn't have waves that are too bad. I would do the itinerary in a heartbeat if I were free when it is offered.

I sailed the Miracle and the Triumph as my first and second cruise. I liked the layout of the Miracle more with the walkaround deck and the flow through the common areas, but I thought the Triumph was beautiful and enjoyed my cruise just as much. Should be an awesome trip!

Well my first thought is that I was nuts to book this cruise in August with the economy the way it is. It certainly wasn't on the inexpensive side. I am really looking forward to it though. I like both Victory and Triumph (sister ships). I know some may not, and true there are other ships I might prefer, but this is a unique itinerary on very nice ships. What isn't to like? Unless you are the diehard sun and sand vacation type, this should be fantastic!!! If you book the August date, please join our roll call . . . it is lonely there. I am beginning to think my sister and I are the only ones going :).

Archived