4x4 Half Day Jeep Safari Shore Excursion- RCI

cherry753

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We plan on doing this on Feb 17. When we return I will post a review and let you know. Funny how no one has been able to respond to this question. Since we leave Sunday, I was really interested in the responses.

Nancy

We plan on doing this on Feb 17. When we return I will post a review and let you know. Funny how no one has been able to respond to this question. Since we leave Sunday, I was really interested in the responses.

Nancy

I'd appreciate your input on this excursion when you return. We have family trying to talk us into this and I see where Arashi Beach does not have "facilities" and I'd rather spend time at a "nicer" beach for a few hours and forgo the jeep part.

• 2 weeks later...

Nancy

Did you take this tour and if so, how was it?

We did this tour!!! It was amazing. We had a family of 4 so we had the jeep to ourselves. I can't remember if any jeeps had 2 people in them sorry. Truely an amazing adventure! Loved just driving along the north coast and watching the waves crash down. Stopped at the Natural Bridge for about 45 min, Ayo rocks for about 45 min, the gold mine for 30 min, lighthouse 15 min then Arashi Beach for about 30 mins (normally longer but one the jeeps got a flat tire and that held us up) All in all, a great day!

Thanks so much for the helpful information. Are there any stops along the way where you can get water or something else to drink? I know Arashi beach does not have "facilities" so I wonder if there are "facilities" along the way? Thanks.

We got to drive the jeeps and you were in a long convoy. There were 2 guides that were with us. One at the beginning that we all followed and one at the end to make sure no one got left behind. One of the jeeps had loads of coolers so we could get all the water and soft drinks we wanted (not sure about beer.....way to hot the day we did this and only wanted water!) They make it very clear before we all headed out about bathroom stops. There was on on the first stop, Ayo rock, there was on at the Natural Bridge, nothing at the gold mine ruins, and I believe there was one at the lighthouse in the restaurant there and I think it was coin operated, but it was down for maintenance when we got there and nothing at the beach. I'll try and figure out how to post a pic for you get a look at the jeeps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We booked with the cruise line. Being unsure exactly how long the tour was and taking into account this was an "off road" adventure, we played it safe. We knew the ship wouldn't leave without us if we were booked on one of their excursions. We did have plenty of time to make it back - they altered the time we spent at the beach due to one of the jeeps getting a flat tire and we were held up about 45 mins.

• 1 month later...

The jeeps are automatic so no one will be surprised. There are no facilities at the beach. Your last stop before the beach is the CA Lighthouse where you can pay either $.25 or $.50 per person to use the bathroom at a restaurant close by and it is decent. Be sure to get there as soon as you arrive at the lighthouse as a line forms quickly. There are two other stops before the lighthouse with bathrooms that are no charge, but I don't know how clean they were. We had a long caravan of jeeps, 22, and because people didn't return on time at each stop and a jeep had a flat at the Natural Bridge, we had 25 minutes max at the beach. :(

Archived