Ziplining

cherry753

just got back from cruise, zip line was amazing in Limon, Costa Rica..contact Charlie Soto of OKIE DOKIE Tours, he is the best..zip line the safest I have ever been on..and the fastests..and the highest:eek: Jungle Breeze Zip Line is part of Charlies tour package..he is very safe and good!

HI

We just got back from a 36 day Amazon Explorer cruise and went zip lining in Punteranes, Costa Rica. GREENWAY Nature Tours was recommended to us. A group of about 16 hired them. We had a fantastic time ziplining. It was VERY, VERY safe. The operators have you attached to a sturdy cable at ALL times. Greenway is a professionally run business and is highly recommended by all in our group. Have a blast. You wont regret it.

there is no shoulder strength required..just hold on to the handles..the harness supports your weight..we had an optional shoulder harness that actually prevents you from laying back and provides additional support..I have both shoulders messed up and it was not a problem

there is no shoulder strength required..just hold on to the handles..the harness supports your weight..we had an optional shoulder harness that actually prevents you from laying back and provides additional support..I have both shoulders messed up and it was not a problem

Hi Michael, Have some great pictures for you if you would like. Let me know how to send them. Regards, Jean & Charlie

On the zip lines I have been on you do not control the speed..it controls you:eek:

There is no roller coaster effect..the cable is connected between two trees(stations) and forms a gradual arc.

Go for it!! You will be glad you did.

Really? On all three zip line excursions I have been on people do control their own speed.

Does this require a lot of shoulder strength? My husband has had shoulder surgery twice{and it is still messed up} and is concernrd that he would not be able to do it. Thanks for any information.

If the shoulder does not have a major impact on his day-to-day life, he likely would be OK, but if he has any restrictions it would be best to seek the advice of his physician first. There is not a lot of strain, but there is some. I had a bad shoulder dislocation in the past, but was able to zipline with no problems.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<no speed control by zipliner that we have used, Honduras, and Costa Rica. The attendant that goes before you stops you as you come into the station..why would you want to slow down>

ummm, so you don't break your leg at the end when the attendant "misses" you-- like I did the one and only time I ziplined...

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Island Princess, April 3rd partial canal cruise and stopped in Limon. We went on the canopy tour at Veragua, which took about 45 minutes to get to. We also passed the Brisas canopy tour along the way, which was just over 30 minutes from the port. My husband has rock climbing experience and felt that the system used at Veragua was very safe (they use double cables). The only thing he wondered about is how well/often they check the ropes that you clip onto between ziplines at the tree platforms. The ropes are wrapped around the tree trunks and you slide your caribiner along the rope to get to the next zipline (just check and make sure the rope doesn't look frayed! -- they all looked like they were in great shape when we were there). We all thought that the zipline tour was a highlight of our trip!

Archived