Our FIRST cruise... Review time....

Hockey Addict

Thank you so much for the great review with pictures! I think I liked it so much because it made me feel like I was there with you. Nice job. I am going on the Imagination in 3 weeks and I am so much more excited - if thats possible:p

Steph, did you keep your daily Capers? We have been looking for someone to scan them and post in the Fascination forum, so far no one has. Any chance you could?

jw:cool:

I have the capers but my husband will have to show me how to scan and post. I'm a computer dummy.

I can't believe this was your first cruise. So far you did all the right stuff. You must have spent a lot of time on Cruise Critic. You have all the right moves!

I spent a lot of time on Cruise Critic.... I loved reading all the reviews. That's why I wanted to write one. All of the great help I got from everyone on here. This is the best place to find info!!

Thank you so much for the great review with pictures! I think I liked it so much because it made me feel like I was there with you. Nice job. I am going on the Imagination in 3 weeks and I am so much more excited - if thats possible:p

Have fun on the Imagination! Samson will be going to her next he said. We want to go see him but if we are going to drive all the way down to Tampa we rather have a 5 nighter!

Write us a review when you get back!!!

My wife and I had our first cruise on the Carnival Sensation and we are hooked too. The moment we got back into the house she sat down on the couch and said, "Man, I really want a strawberry diaquiri!" Being the loving hubby I am I offered to go out and to get the stuff to make one but she said, "I want it now! I wish one of the waiters could come by right now and bring me one! If you get it it is not the same!"

The service was great! The crew of the Carnival Sensation were excellent! Especially our dinner waiters Pankaj and Dimitri whose service was above and beyond! Money well spent! :D

After our first cruise DH woke up early the first morning home and proceded to wake me up because he was wanting to go to the buffet for breakfast. I turned over and said walk about 40 feet and open that big box with the handle on it there's your buffet.:D

That was a great review...sounds like you loved every minute of it! The pics were a great addition...really made me feel like I was there too lol. Take care. Maybe next time you can talk your husband into doing a B2B??? Then you won't have to leave...

Hi everyone...

We just got back yesterday from our first cruise... Fascination 11-1-08. 5 Day going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

It took me 13 years to talk DH into going on a cruise. I will give you a review later today. I don't want to keep you hanging but there is some stuff we have to do today. Like go to the grocery store... MAN am I starving this morning! It's from eating in the dining room every morning... we normally don't eat breakfast but boy did we while on this cruise....

So hang tight I will be back later today.... Can anyone tell me how to get my house to stop rocking??? :D Actually I love that the house is rocking. I wish it wouldn't stop!!!

did you ever get the house to stop rocking??? Because MINE WONT!!!And I've been home THREE DAYS!!! I'm going to read your review because I've decided I'm taking my whole family on this ship, and its CHEAP!!! Will do a better one with just DH and myself, but 5 nights for 279.00 a person (September)???? Can't beat that for a vacation for the whole family,,,,we need 3 cabins if we don't want to squash,,,,so cheap is good!!!!! Holly

That was a great review...sounds like you loved every minute of it! The pics were a great addition...really made me feel like I was there too lol. Take care. Maybe next time you can talk your husband into doing a B2B??? Then you won't have to leave...

Funny you say B2B.... hehehheeee... he said... that's something to think about!! :eek: I'm so glad he had fun and relaxed! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Just wanted to say. This is one of the better reviews I have ever read. You are a very good story teller.

Thanks for taking the time to post your "Most Excellent Adventure"

Thanks a lot! You'll have to post a review for us too!!

did you ever get the house to stop rocking??? Because MINE WONT!!!And I've been home THREE DAYS!!! I'm going to read your review because I've decided I'm taking my whole family on this ship, and its CHEAP!!! Will do a better one with just DH and myself, but 5 nights for 279.00 a person (September)???? Can't beat that for a vacation for the whole family,,,,we need 3 cabins if we don't want to squash,,,,so cheap is good!!!!! Holly

The house finally stopped rocking Sunday. On Monday while I was on the computer I would feel it a little bit. I really wish it wouldn't have gone away. I really liked it! Get this....... DH says he didn't feel a thing after we got off! He's crazy... I think he's fibbin! Jama was falling all over her house she said AND at work Monday!!! :eek: She is a pretty ship and VERY VERY clean. I'm sure you will love her.... I know we'll be back on her doing probably the same cruise. DH says we're not gonna do Key West... we could DRIVE there. HMC is AWESOME. I would love to go there every time! Have fun on her and let me know how it goes.... look out for my buddies onboard!!!

I LOVED your review!! We sailed on this wonderful ship on October 23rd and had an amazing time. Is G-Man the great guy that served drinks on the outside decks? When he came around he said "dddrrrrrinks" rolling his "r's" as he said it? We giggled everytime we heard him. It sounded like an old telephone ring. We always ordered from him because he was soooooooooo entertaining...and the drinks were good too.

The house finally stopped rocking Sunday. On Monday while I was on the computer I would feel it a little bit. I really wish it wouldn't have gone away. I really liked it! Get this....... DH says he didn't feel a thing after we got off! He's crazy... I think he's fibbin! Jama was falling all over her house she said AND at work Monday!!! :eek: She is a pretty ship and VERY VERY clean. I'm sure you will love her.... I know we'll be back on her doing probably the same cruise. DH says we're not gonna do Key West... we could DRIVE there. HMC is AWESOME. I would love to go there every time! Have fun on her and let me know how it goes.... look out for my buddies onboard!!!

I see you're doing the Inspiration next year :) We just did her,,,,,and LOVED her,,,so will you!!! Holly

I LOVED your review!! We sailed on this wonderful ship on October 23rd and had an amazing time. Is G-Man the great guy that served drinks on the outside decks? When he came around he said "dddrrrrrinks" rolling his "r's" as he said it? We giggled everytime we heard him. It sounded like an old telephone ring. We always ordered from him because he was soooooooooo entertaining...and the drinks were good too.

Yep!!!! That's him!!! Wasn't he the best!! He was also in the Palace Theatre during the Hey Mambo show... he came over to us as soon as we sat down.... He's AWESOME!!!

I see you're doing the Inspiration next year :) We just did her,,,,,and LOVED her,,,so will you!!! Holly

I can't wait..... geeeez three hundred and some odd days.... I'm trying to work on Steve to go on one BEFORE October too! :D

It's the same set up just different theme... We'll both know our way around!

I also wanted to see all of your photos, or did you already post them with your review?

I wondered what the wind tunnel was? Where is it? I've noticed wind suction when entering the pool deck from the outer decks, Is that it?

I really enjoyed reading your review and wished it never stopped.

Thanks for all your hard work....

Happy cruising!

Here's the link to all the pics.... I almost fogot... I'm still tagging some and flipping some around... they are all in order except the first few...

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr125/HockeyAddict13/Our%20First%20Cruise/

The wind tunnel as we call it is on the Sun deck. Walk to the bow of the ship on either side past the putt putt and there is a walkway to go out front. The wind is VERY strong at times. Especially as you first walk out. One night Steve was leaning forward with his arms out and the wind kept him from falling forward. Then when you go to leave there the wind PUSHES you out! It's pretty cool.

your photos are fabulous, love the rainbow when you left JAX.

the sushi photo's..... priceless!

you made me laugh so hard with some of your stories

and they way you carried on about the towel animals.

how refreshing!

thank you so much for one of the most entertaining reviews i've read on these boards!

i look forward to your second cruise!!:D

Archived