Hair on NCL or should I say any ship

Hey everyone,

I have everything planned out for our wedding but the only thing that I can decide on is my hair. Should I do it myself or have it done. My FH keeps telling me to get it done of the ship cause it's out big day and I shouldn't have to worry about doing my hair.

So I guess my question is about how much does it cost to get your hair done on the ship. Something keeps telling me that I should and then I think should I spend the extra money.:confused:

Also I know that this question gets tossed around here alot but can I book the appt before the cruise or should I do it right when I get on?

I am having the same issue with the dinner that night. Since we are getting married on shore I really can't have a reception onboard. It looks like I am just going to have to set up reservations when we are get on board. Looks like FH will do that and I will have to set up my hair. Guess there won't be too much relaxing the first day!!!!!

Thanks for the help in advance.:)

I did my own hair for the wedding, because I was not confident that I would be able to get it done in time. The NCL Spa/Salon opens at 8 AM, and I needed to be ready to leave the ship by 9:30 AM.

The pricing information that I found said $39+ for an updo at the salon, but that seems low.

I got married on Princess and had my hair done in the salon. The stylist did an amazing job and it around $60 - $70 (plus gratuity) which was much less than I had found when looking for a salon to do my hair for my at home reception. My appointment was at 8:00 and I was done in a little over an hour. It was well worth it!!!!!

Because we went through TWE we were able to book up to 4 hair appointments in advance of the cruise (through TWE), but we had to book others (MOB & MOG) as soon as we got onboard because they don't book hair appointments in advance (variables like length, etc.). My mother even spoke with the salon manager when oboard the ship a couple of months before the wedding cruise and asked if there was any way to book hair appointments in advance and she said absolutely not (except wedding appointments through TWE).

I'm getting married on the X Solstice on 12 feb 09 and will definatley be getting my hair done by the spa/salon. They are charging me $75 plus gratuity.

I have shoulder length very soft fine hair but everytime i cruise (NCL, RCCL or X) i have my hair done for the fomal nights and it always look stunning and i could never do it myself.

That said I have arranged to have a trail run 2 days before so that I can make sure I like it as it is my big day.

Thanks everyone for the information. I was figuring on $60-75 anyways. I just didn't want to get on and it be $150. I think that I am just going to pay the money and have it done. FH keeps on telling me just to do it and not worry about how much it costs. Plus I am sure it will be better then anything that I could ever do. :p

I think once we get closer I will call NCL and inquire about it.

Archived