Swim with the dolphins

F858MM

We did the discovery . YES.. ufortunately we all had to wear the stupid things. Other than that it was great.

That really, quite frankly, just sucks! I've read the "dolphin swim" descriptions several times wondering if they *make* us wear the jackets. I even tried to find the companies that offer the swims. I gathered (but wasn't sure until I just read your post) that dolphin discovery made this a requirement. However, since the Curacao dolphin academy showed pictures of clients *not* wearing jackets, I emailed them, and they confirmed that jackets are actually NOT a requirement for them. Care to guess which dolphin swim I reserved? I'll give you a hint: I won't be floating w/ the dolphins :).

BTW, w/ the RCI website, I'm assuming that when I "reserve" the excursions, they are actually being reserved, correct? That is, I won't login and find that what I thought was reserved is actually now unavailable when I go to pay for the excursions next month?

BTW, w/ the RCI website, I'm assuming that when I "reserve" the excursions, they are actually being reserved, correct? That is, I won't login and find that what I thought was reserved is actually now unavailable when I go to pay for the excursions next month?
When I reserved my excursions via the website, the reservation was not final until payment was made. When I would go back, after not paying, the excursions were gone from my shopping cart. As far as I could tell, I had to pay for them at the time I reserved them. You may want to go back and check your "shopping cart" and see if they are there. If they are, you're probably OK.

Plus, the site said they'd send an email confirmation. Did you get one? I would think if you did get an email, you should be okay. But I would also think that that email would tell you how long the reservations would be good for without being paid for.

Any money paid is fully refundable up until the day before the excursion.

By the way, I'm swimming with the Dolphins on Curacao, also! It looks like an excellent excursion!

sayhello

The excursion through Dolphin Discovery is awesome. You do so many tricks with the dolphins. Actually the life jackets aren't that bad. They actually help you float when you are waiting for he dolphin to do the tricks and help you stay afloat when you are in the water playing with them and they are swimming around you. I am a larger person and the XL fit just fine. For the price the Dolphin Discovery company is a much better deal than the RCCL Excursion and you do alot more with DD. Hope this helps. I did the excursion with DD in Cozumel but they have several locations.

My kids just did this in Cozumel. The life jackets are the lighter weight vest type not the bulky type. Definitely book on your own. Not only is it cheaper, it's far more personal. The big tour groups just did not have the same experience. My kids were in a group of eight people and everyone got the expected "royal swim" experience.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm on the Brilliance in January, I tried to book through Dolphin Discovery, you have to book it online then fax in the order form. I did this 3 weeks ago, and heard nothing, I called them back and they told me that they have no room on Jan 8th in Antigua. So i booked it through RCCL. Has anyone done the exscursion thru RCCL, how was it, how much time do you spend with the dolphins?

My daughter did this last summer; we booked through the web site and did have to fax a form. I did not like having to fax credit card info, but it was the only way they would do it.

She booked the Royal Swim, which was MUCH better than the Encounter that she did in Nassau the year before.

They did manage to mess up her reservation and get her in the wrong group. By the time my wife got it straightened out, she missed the first few minutes. She had a fabulous time anyway and the video they sold was actually quite good.

If they say they are booked up, just keep checking; people do cancel. if all else fails, just show up and see if they can work you into a group.

Archived