Cruising with Children Blog

crusinmama06

If you are a parent who wants to know the ins and outs of cruising with kids, I created this blog to help with some of the planning/issues involved.

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com

Also linked in my site is the collection of all of the kids camp schedules and menus from the parents of the family board here at CC.

• 3 months later...

My first thing is to WATCH YOUR KIDS. You might think they are wonderful little people and for the most part they are. It is totally irresponsible to think that you can go off and get lunch while the little ones are left by the pool unsupervised.

We were on a cruise years ago where this woman did this, and there was a group of us that refused to budge because we were busy watching that child. We were terrified that if we left that poor little boy on his own, something would have happened.

He went in the pool and came out many times - and he was a reallly nice kid. Mom was nowhere to be found. 3 HOURS LATER, she came back, and picked up the book that she had brought with her and sat down and read it. She never said a word to that little boy. She was on a cruise - we were her babysitters - and she did not even know it.

My advice - if you are not totally into having your kids enjoy the vacation WITH YOU - then leave them at home. Ships are a very big playground - and kids move fast. Little ones can get into some very dangerous situations. So unless you can control yourself and be their parent on the cruise, stay on terra ferma.

Archived