Liberty Cost of One-Way Transfers

jerseygirl3

We have arranged our own transportation from the hotel to the Port of Civitavacchia on the day of our cruise since we will be arriving a few days early and spending time in Rome. However, we need transportation from the ship to Rome airport after the cruise. It looks like we'll be booking a 1:50 flight on Alitalia back to New York. We are interested in purchasing the transfers from Carnival for the one way. Anybody know the cost of a one-way from ship to airport?

We have arranged our own transportation from the hotel to the Port of Civitavacchia on the day of our cruise since we will be arriving a few days early and spending time in Rome. However, we need transportation from the ship to Rome airport after the cruise. It looks like we'll be booking a 1:50 flight on Alitalia back to New York. We are interested in purchasing the transfers from Carnival for the one way. Anybody know the cost of a one-way from ship to airport?

Hi,

I emailed CCL about the opposite.From the Airport to the ship and got no answer. I called and I was told it is $50....they think. They also told me that the trip is about an hour and a half .

Steve

Try rome-shuttle.com or carservicerome.com. They advertise 135 Euro one way transfer for a party of 5 (which requires a mini-van). I'm going to check into Alitalia for air out of Buffalo now. Have you booked your hotel yet? I'm almost ready to book a few tours with driverinrome and limoinrome but haven't found a really good airfare just yet. Good Luck and keep the comments/questions on the Liberty in Europe coming.

Thanks!

We've already got our precruise hotel booked. We're sailing 9/18/05 but arriving early morning 9/16/05. Good thing I booked the hotel I wanted early; they are already booked up (Hotel Residenza Cellini, highly recommended by Trip Advisor, 185 Euro/night for Jr. Suite with jacuzzi tub and includes taxes and breakfast). I have arranged through the hotel to be picked up from the airport to the hotel (about a 40 minute ride, I'm told) for 47 Euro total. The hotel also arranged our transfer from the hotel to the ship on Sunday morning. We are splitting this with another couple who I've found is on our sailing (approx. 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive) for 110 Euro for all 4 of us. We are most likely going to book our air through Continental. Newark Liberty Airport (much more convenient for us than JFK) non-stop to Rome leaves 5:40 p.m. 9/15 and arrives Rome 7:45 a.m. 9/16/05. On the return trip, since the flight is early (9:55 a.m.), we are spending one night after the cruise at the Rome Airport Hilton (160 Euro) and taking the flight out in the morning. That way we don't have to stress about making an early fight when we get off the ship. Currently, the RT fare is $684 pp. Haven't booked yet, but that price looks attractive.

We'll probably just purchase the one-way transfer from Carnival to take us to the Rome Airport Hilton, as I've heard it can be difficult to find taxis after the cruise. That's why I'm interested in whether anybody knows the cost of the one-way transfer. I know the RT is $65 pp, but can't seem to get a straight answer on the one way.

Jerseygirl,

I just checked Continental for our dates 8/22 and 9/6 and the fare was over $1100. Boo and hiss :) I thought the CCL roundtrip transfer was more like $130 per person. I am however going to check out the hotel you mentioned.

Thanks!

We are booked on the Liberty for September 6th, '05 and will be seeking other cruisers interested in transfers and tours. Rates do seem far more attractive when shared.

We have not yet firmed up our departure date from home, but do plan to spend a few days in Rome pre-cruise and then the night of the 18th at the Rome Airport to fly back on the 19th of September, so that transortation is a definite.

We're considering using ff miles but Cont has now raised the ante from 50,000 RT to 100,000 RT pp -- not necessarily worth giving up all those miles if we can find a low fare.

Happy cruisin' all . . .

• 3 months later...

Archived