Live From The JEWELL Of The SEAS

Thanks Trainman! We were on the Carnival Liberty for an 8 day cruise in 2004 to Panama and your postings did bring back memories. Our trip back was very bumpy and we rocker and rolled!. Capt. was wide open and when that happens the stabilizers are not used. At least that was how it was explained to us. Lots of people were sick though. Sorry you are having rough weather. Great Job!

The Radiance class ships have the Windjammer open to the outside from the aft portion. This makes it nice to have breakfast or lunch in the fresh air, but is not available on the bigger ships. I do miss it. I think I need to plan for 2010 on a Radiance class. :D

Jen

Hey Jen, join some fellow Texans on the Jewel on 3/26/10!

Guest chasbrand

Thanks Trainman for the great pictures and reviews. We go on will be on the beautiful Jewel in three weeks; your posts have brought back lots of wonderful memories of the Jewel when we sailed on her last December and many excited thoughts of cruising again soon. Hope you and Carol have a safe trip home. Looking forward to your final posting on this ship after you are home. Thanks again!

Trainman-

Wonderful review of our cruise!! I agree Jewel has the friendliest crew ever!

We found the formal nights to have more people dressed up than we did on our last two Mariner cruises. I saw many tuxes but as you said nearly everyone had at least sports coat and dress shirt on.

While My Time Dining poster shows someone in "TShirt" type gear, we were in this section and the people were just as dressed up as anyone else and unless you knew it was a My Time Dining station you could not have told the difference. It was a wonderful experience for us.

The winds on Sunday were AWESOME! I walked up on Deck 13 at the height of them and felt like I was going to be swept off the ship. When I returned to cabin I checked and found top wind speed of 65MPH. Thankfully we slowed down and so did the wind by the end of the day.

Anyway thanks for a great review...you took many of the pictures I wish I had...so now I'll just look at your thread when I want to go back and reminisce!!

...thanx for sharing with us your daily adventures, I hope that new cruisers find this trhread very helpful cause I am not even going on the Jewel and I feel like I know the ship and the ports as if I stowed away i your cabin with you :p

I hope that you and your wife get home safe and we all will be awaiting your "wrap up" and anticpating more great pictures and the videos, thanx again

Thanks Trainman for a wonderful review. When I was on the phone with crown and anchor this morning getting a price drop on my Jewel cruise I told them about your wonderful posts and that you deserved a free cruise!! Looking forward to your wrap up post!

I was interested in finding out more about the hold up. How was Royal Caribbean's response? Did they try to hush it up or were they pretty straightforward about the incident?

Also what was your opinion about touring in Costa Rico, Columbia and Panama? We were in Jamaica a few years ago and once you got used to the guard\soldiers with automatic weapons, it was OK.

Anyway, on with the cruise…

We haded straight for the Windjammer and an excellent lunch. Here it is!

DSCN7649.jpgDSCN7651.jpg

Hi Trainman-2 or anyone in the know.

I have a question about the Windjammer meals on Jewel of the Seas please.

Are the cups and plates plastic or china?

The reason I ask is that on our last RCI cruise on Voyager of the Seas the plates were plastic.

I don't really mind what the plates are made of as long as the foods good but the other half....well she just doesn't like the plastic. :(

Thanks for your prompt replies Gracie115 & unberwoob. Looks like we'll be taking all our meals in Tides.

unberwoob I see you are on the cruise after us in Aug. We are also doing the Baltic/Scandinavia trip. We are really looking forward to it already.

Hi Jim,

Hope you and Carol are safely back in SC. I'm sorry we didn't get to see more of you on the last days of the cruise. Since my camera "died" during our time at sea, we are surely enjoying your beautiful photos and the commentary. I agree with Gracie, we sure did rock and roll on Sunday! Happy Thanksgiving. Sue and Walt

We will be driving to Miami to board the Jewel in two weeks.

Can anyone tell me what terminal the Jewel used and which parking garage did you use (for handicap parking).

Anyone planning to write a review of your cruise.

Thanks

There are well marked signs that will direct you to the ships. This link may help you with parking information.

Parking, Port of Miami

Archived