Cozumel with an 11 year old and 12 year old

shaynasmom

Hello -

My DH and I are taking our DD (12) and her best friend (11) on Freedom of the Seas. We are trying to figure out what to do as an exercusion while there.....

We first thoguht of Tulum. DH and I were there 8 years ago while staying in Playa Del Car..... and loved it. We were also thinking of Xel-Ha.

Both would be a long day for the girls.

We are also thinking of horseback riding.....

Do you have any thoughts on something UNIQUE that we can do. If we stay on Cozumel we would like to book through a local company (vs. ship exercusion).

Appreicate your help.

My kids are now 11, 14 and 16.... and the past 2 spring breaks we have been to cozumel and went to Paradise Beach....there is so much there for the kids to do...you purchase a wrist band which allows them to do it all! and I believe the price of the band is 8 dollars?? You get to snorkle, kayak, floating mats,bungee jumping, trampoline in the water....they also have jet skis to rent and there are free chairs and umbrellas! Also there is food to order which was very good!!! You can't go wrong here! Not sure what you are looking for as far as "unique" but it is definitely FUN!!! :p

I'm with Dpeeps on this one. PB is great for youngins (and oldins'). Any kid that I have been around would be bored out of their gourd if they had to spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way just to see ruins. Don't get me wrong. I think that ruins are interesting and Tulum is unique, but to get there from Cozumel isn't worth the hassel with the kids. (IMHO)

I haven't been back to Chankanaab Park since Wilma, but it is pretty interesting with plenty to keep everyone happy. I can let you know something more definate about CP next month. We'll be there after Thanksgiving.

Chankanaab Park

what is this ?????

Thanks.

If you would enjoy shore snorkeling or some of the other attractions it may fit. Personally I wouldn't as I have no interest in snorkeling or a captive animal experience.

You mentioned horseback riding have you looked into Mr Sancho's? You get beach time and some riding time. There are a few threads with pictures and reviews.

Archived