Who bought the Majesty???

Rocky123

I was told NCL is now leasing the ship for the remainder of her time with that cruise line. During our September cruise I was impressed with the ship's overall condition. I was also impressed that NCL went ahead with 2.0 upgrades on Majesty.

I read a recent letter in a cruise magazine in which the young writer longed for new smaller ships (1500 passengers). I agree. Majesty is the perfect size for us and we will miss her as much as we now miss RCI's Empress of the Seas.

Norwegian Majesty Review

Editor's Note: NCL's parent company Star Cruises has completed the sale of Norwegian Majesty to Cyprus-based Louis Cruise Lines. The last sailing for NCL will be a 14-night Southern Caribbean cruise from Philadelphia departing on November 1, 2009.

After a stretching, Norwegian Majesty reentered service as a nearly new ship. The addition of the new 112 ft. midsection resulted in the addition of two new restaurants, 203 more passenger cabins (and 33 crew staterooms), a second swimming pool, a pair of whirlpools and a coffee bar.

While the ship, along with a handful of other Norwegian Cruise Line middle-agers, is anticipated to depart the fleet by 2010 (to make room for new, contemporary vessels), the refurbishment that resulted from the stretching was fairly extensive -- and incorporated some behind-the-scenes improvements as well (a new laundry, and expanded cold food storage and freezer capacity).

The biggest change, of course, was the conversion of ship public spaces into a "freestyle cruising" style vessel, with a range of dining options. The French-oriented Le Bistro is the obvious star.

And like the other older members of the fleet, Norwegian Majesty offers a value-priced alternative, particularly for folks sailing out of Eastern Seaboard ports like Charleston and Boston; the ship spends most of its time, depending on season, in the Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda.

Archived