Buck an Hour Internet

GOTTA-GO

After 12 days of 75 cents a minute ship access, this looked like the sale of the century. I was told it was dsl speed and it wasn't too bad. I did get an eerie feeling, when I finished and a guy jumped on with a floppy. I was told he actually owned the PCs and was getting stats. I got a real uneasy feeling about having accessed my bank account and called them a couple days later to make sure my account wasn't being drained. Glad I didn't access other accounts/credit cards/etc, although as far as I can tell this was a kosher operation.

The 'crew member cafe' was near the edge of town and the town port. Anyone else with experience good/bad/etc? A bit of a challenge to use a PC with everything in Spanish, but very doable. Of course, email and internet sites came up in English, thankfully.

We saw an internet cafe at the International Pier. The area seemed pretty official, we also bought our postage stamps there. The only problem was that the day we were there, the lady said the internet had been down all day. I believe the rates there were much less expensive than on the ship.

Archived